Chapter eighteen

The first thing we do, after dismissed, is go to a small house. Just like the western isles house, but this house is much to my dismay, in shambles.

" We are sorry that we couldn't get you a good house. The men from the western isles destroyed are finest homes." A guard says.

" Oh, that's okay." I say, hiding my disappointment through a smile.

" We know you are disappointed... The feast though, will be good. " He smiles a little.

Captain William dismisses the guard. I run up the stairs, and head to the bathroom. I wish I brought some nice cloths for the feast. I see a maid.

" Excuse me," I say, " could you lend me a shirt and some breeches?"

She looks shocked. " Br-br-breeches? Shirt?! My lady, all we ever wear is dresses!" She stutters. I smile.

" Do you have a dress for me then?"

" Yes. I will prepare a bath, and a gown for you."

" Gown?" I ask.

" Yes. Every feast, the ladies dress in gowns. It is like a huge party, where everyone is invited. You will enjoy it."

I nod my head. She turns on the water to the tub, and steamy water starts to flow into a porcelain tub. She leaves, and I undress. I step into the tub, and let the hot water soak into my pores. It relaxes me. I wash away at months worth of dirty, dead skin. When I finish my bath, I step out of the tub, and slip into a beautiful gown.