Chapter twenty three

" Just one more, come on, you can do it!" I hold a teaspoon out for Leo. He takes the spoon,candy brings it to his lips. He sips the chicken broth, but then grabs the wastebasket to throw up again.

He cannot hold in anything. He is getting weaker, and weaker by the second. In two days, we make way to the Northern isles, in search for alliances with them. Then we go to the Dark Water island, and start to help free prisoners, they have been kept by the Westerners.

Leo wipes his mouth on his sleeve. I sigh.

" Leo, you aren't going to get any better, by throwing up your rationed remedies! We only have limited amount! Other people are sick too; not just you."

" I'm sorry, Julie. I just feel sick drinking, or eating anything." He replies, his voice hoarse.

" Just try and eat a little." Tears come to my eyes, as I remember my day dream.

I let one fall, and Leo raises his hand, weakly, and brushes the tear away from my face.

" Don't cry, because of me. I'm sorry for making you upset. I will try harder to eat, how 'bout that?" I nod
my head, and let more tears fall.

" I believe in an us, Leo. Me and you. But if you die, I won't have anyone. Dennis could come back to his damn senses, and say he loves me. But I don't love him. My heart belongs to you. I don't want to leave with Dennis abusing my heart forever."

Now it's time for Leo to shed a few tears. He's happy.

" I never want to leave you. I swear. I'll eat as much as I can. I love you so much. Now, is it okay if I go to sleep? This talking is tiering."

I chuckle through my tears. " Go to sleep, Leo. I'll talk to you in the morning."