Chapter Thirty-Seven

(Lauren's P.O.V)

"Pointe shoes?"

"Check."

"Make up bag?"

"Yup."

"Leotard?"

"Lauren, we've literally done this ten times now.  If we do this again, you wont have to worry about what's in your bag because you'll miss the entire show," Ashton huffed, running a hand through his hair, giving me a look of annoyance.

"Well excuse me for wanting to be prepared," I snapped, grabbing the jacket laying on my bed and slipping it on as I made my way over to his side, taking the bag from his possession.

He slowly stood from his spot on the floor, stretching in the process before holding his arms out to me.  "Come here."

"No," I said, trying to hold back the smile that was forming on my lips.

"Lo," he pouted, following closely behind me as I made my way out of my room and down the stairs.

"I'm going to be late," I giggled, as he pulled me back into his chest, peppering the side of my face with kisses.

"I highly doubt that would be my fault considering what we just went through in your room," he chuckled as I wiggled out of his grasp and made my way towards the door once again.

"Shut up, Irwin."  Once out the door we made our way to the black escalade that was waiting for us.

"Loz, Jesus Christ, you take so damn long," Ben groaned from his seat the second we opened the door.

"Benjamin, that is no way to talk to the star of the evening," Cassie said pointedly, slapping his arm.

Calum let out a small chuckle as he watched Cassie and Ben break off into their own small argument before throwing one arm over my shoulder and pulling me into his side.  "Are you ready?"

"I'm a little nervous," I confessed, nodding my head slightly.  "But I'm ready."

"You're going to kick ass," he smiled down at me, making a smile appear on my lips as well.

"God I hope you're right," I sighed, playing with the hem of my skirt before I felt a calloused hand intertwine with mine.  Glancing over my shoulder I saw Ashton giving me an encouraging smile, placing a gentle kiss on the back of my hand, practically melting any type of nervous feelings that I had.

——

(Ashton's P.O.V)

"Where the hell is she?" Michael whispered from his seat beside me, slumping further in his chair.