Chapter Eleven

“So wait, we don’t like Paige?” 

“Right.” 

“And we still don’t like Ashton?” 

“Right again.”

“But we’re going to this party?”

“Yes,” Cassie groaned, desperately trying to make Ben understand the reasoning behind tonights plan.

“There better be cute people here, that’s all I’m saying.”  He threw his hands up in defeat, walking faster.

Cassie shook her head letting out a small giggle before turning her attention to me.  “You look super hot by the way.  I fucking love this dress on you.  God I’m such an awesome best friend for making you buy this.  I see why you keep me around.”

“Ew stop, your ego is showing,” I said, giving her a mock expression of disgust before flashing a small grin.

“What number house is it?” Ben asked, squinting at the house numbers as we walked past a few.

“Number 10, I don’t know, I’m assuming it’s the one with all the people around it,” I shrugged, gesturing towards the house a few yards away from us. 

Cassie took the lead as we approached the town house filled with college kids who smelt of booze and smoke.  I recognized a few people from different classes throughout the last few years, giving small waves at them as I passed. 

“Oh. My. God.  LAUREN.” I cringed at the sound of the voice.  “I seriously didn’t think you were going to come,” Paige said with a smile plastered onto her face as she pulled me into a tight hug.  Why the hell is she touching me?

“Surprise?” I mumbled, glancing over at Ben pleading with my eyes for him to somehow save me.

After a few seconds she pulled away, still smiling.  “Well, all the alcohol is in the kitchen, feel free to explore.  Try to stay away from the beer though Lauren, we don’t want you losing your dance figure do we?” she smirked, giving me her most innocent expression before walking away into a crowd of people.  This bitch.

“She seems like an absolute gem,” Cassie said before bursting into laughter, pulling me towards what I assumed to be the kitchen. 

Without a word being said, Ben began pouring out two glasses of some sort of mixed alcohol and handing me a cup.  “Let’s make a toast to at least get someone’s number here tonight,” he grinned, holding up his cup to me.

I let my cup lightly tap the side of his before taking a large sip from it.  “I’m going to need at least two of these before I can do anything like that.”

“Loz, I’m not even drinking tonight and I know I’m going to get more than a number from someone in this house,” Cassie said, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

After a few short moments, I had managed to finish my first cup and was already starting my second.  We had now ventured further into the house, finding beer pong set up on a white grand piano in the middle of the room.  So classly.

“Loz, come be on a team with me,” Ben begged, pulling on my arm, making me stumble.

“No, I can’t play this game, I have absolutely no hand eye coordination.”  I tugged at my arm, making Ben let go.  “Cassie will play,” I suggested, shoving Cassie in Ben’s direction, desperate to not make a complete fool out of myself at my lack of drinking game abilities.

The two approached the table and were about to start their game when I felt a hand wrap around my waist.

“You’re Lauren right?” I heard a husky voice whisper in my ear, making me cringe before pulling away from the stranger behind me.