Chapter Forty-One

**SMUT WARNING**

Lauren's POV

"I can't handle this," Cassie mumbled from her spot on the couch next to me as she flipped through her one of the many 'newly pregnant' books that this doctor's office had strewn about on the waiting room tables.

"Just relax, Cass, you've got nine months to prepare," I encouraged her as I scrolled through the different shows on the tv, hoping something would distract her enough to stop another crisis she was bound to have.

"I don't think you understand," Cassie grumbled, gripping my knee rather tightly causing me to jump and look over at her. "My fucking boobs feel like they're going to erupt and to make matters worse, my first real prego doctor's visit is here and Calum can't even make it," she whined, clutching her boobs tenderly as she frowned, tears threatening to spill out.

"Hey, sh, it's okay," I cooed, pulling her into a gentle hug. "He had an audition to go to, if he could he would so be here for you."

"I know," she whimpered, pulling herself out of my grasp slowly, "but it just sucks. And we haven't even gotten around to telling his parents yet and there's no way everyone is going to react as calmly as my mother had."

"Lets just focus on one obstacle at a time, the first being this appointment and we'll go from there," I nodded encouragingly as I gave her a warm smile.

She sighed, seeming to have given up her argument as she released my leg from her tight grasp. "You're right, one obstacle at a time."

"Cassandra Blake?" A friendly looking nurse called out from the doorway.

Cassie stood slowly, taking a deep breath as she walked towards the woman before abruptly turning around to give me a serious look. "Loz, come on."

"Oh, I'm- You want me in there?"

"Uh, duh," she sighed, urging me to follow them as she made her way through the doorway and towards the small room with way too many pictures of smiling women with baby bumps and odd fetus molds.

Hours later, after Cassie's very in depth doctors visit, I had found myself curled up on Ashton's bed as he sat at his drum kit, creating different beats every so often seemingly in his own world.

"Do you know how many questions they ask at your first doctors visit?" I questioned, glancing over to him as he shrugged his shoulders. "Too many.. way way too many."

He let out a small chuckle as he stood from his spot, giving up on his practicing for the day. "It was sweet of you to go with her though, I bet she appreciated that."

I watched him as he made his way across his room and reached into his backpack, pulling out a small white box, something I hadn't seen in his grasp in months. "Are those cigarettes?" I questioned as he pulled out one and put it between his lips.

"Oh," he said as if suddenly realizing I was in the room with him. "Yeah."

Oh yeah? That's all he has to say?? "Since when did you pick that back up?"

"Who said I ever stopped?"

"Well," I paused, taken back by his behavior, "I just assumed since I haven't seen you do that since the first week of school.." I trailed off, suddenly very aware of his every word.

"I'm just stressed from work and stuff, it helps me cool off a little," he shrugged as he gave a small smile. "Don't worry babe," he mumbled as he leaned forward, placing a chaste kiss on my lips before walking over to the window and lighting the cigarette.