Chapter Forty-Five

Before we get into this chapter I just want to apologize for being so late once again but this one is super long and so much happens so I'm hoping that makes up for it????  Love us.

------

Lauren's P.O.V.

"Oh my God," I yelped, promptly covering my mouth and shutting eyes before I could watch a chunk of my hair fall to the floor. "H-how much are we cutting off again?" I mumbled, glancing at Cassie through the mirror.

"Just to the shoulder my dear, nothing to worry about," my stylist cooed from beside me before taking another section of my hair between his fingers.

"Cassie, I'm having second thoughts about this," I squeaked, shutting my eyes once again when I heard the scissors begin to cut.

"You should have said something before now sweetheart," my stylist states as he brushes the now cut hair off my shoulders.

"No turning back, babe," Cassie smirked at me as she grabbed my hand for support. "You're going to look great Lauren, I promise." Nodding at her words, I took a few deep breaths, as my stylist remained vigilant on chopping off what I'm sure was way more than I bargained for when I sat down in this chair in the first place.

A good thirty minutes later, it was safe to say my hair was no longer down to my lower back, I could barely feel it touch my shoulders. The pit in my stomach churned the more I thought about it.

"Now we dye it," my stylist clapped happily from in front of me.

"We what?!" I shrieked, sitting up in the chair and shooting Cassie a look.

"Cassandra said that's what you wanted," my stylist said, clearly puzzled by my little outburst.

"Cassandra said?" I growled, shooting a look at my best friend as she avoided all eye contact with me. "Well Lauren says no thanks," I huffed as I removed the smock from around me and stood up from my chair. I barely got talked into this haircut and I'm still second-guessing it.

"Sweetie at least sit back down so I can blow dry it properly!" I stylist begs as I start to truck towards the entrance.

"Come on Loz, at least finish the appointment," Cassie sighed in frustration.

How could she feel frustration at me right now? She's the one that dragged me out of bed to get my stupid 'make over' in the first place. Actually, now that I think about it, she's the one that suggested I pay for Ashton's scholarship. My blood came to a boil with the realization as I clenched my fists together turning to face her. "Stop telling me what to do!" I snapped, getting the attention of the rest of the salon.

Cassie let out a small gasp as she jumped at my words, clearly not prepared for my outburst. "Loz!" She scolded, trying to silence me as she glanced around the building.

"No Cassie. I'm done taking shitty advice from you," I hissed, storming towards the exit.

"Ms Chandler please! I can't have a client of mine going out into the world without a proper blow out!" My stylist shouted after me to no avail.

Once out on the street, I tried to calm my now boiling rage as I ran my hand through my now short hair only causing me to think about it more. "Fuck," I muttered as tears of frustration welled up in my eyes.

"Lauren, are you kidding me!?" Cassie practically barked as she made her way towards me. "You can't just walk out without-"

"Shut up." I grumbled, holding my hand up to her. Her lips fell into a straight line as she huffed, clearly annoyed with me. "Stop telling me what to do."