one!

[irl!]

TW: MENTIONS OF ANXIETY AND ED'S / BINGE-EATING AND DEPRESSION!

—————

[irl!]

AN ANNOYED GROAN LEAVES LILY'S lips before her friend can even get in another word.

"you can't be serious right now, elle!" the girl rolls her eyes when elliot glares at her.

"come on! you never even leave home nowadays!" she defends herself, shrugging as lily rolls her eyes again and gets up to walk out of her bedroom and into the kitchen to find something to eat.

a quiet sigh leaves the brunette's lips when she rifles through the cabinets, trying to find something to eat—more like binge-eat, but it's fine, or at least, that's how she sees it, since she's always in denial of how bad that situation is and refuses to even admit it.

lily freezes for a second, wondering if eating while her mood isn't exactly at a good place is a good idea.

that's why elliot groans and lightly grabs her best friend's shoulder, tugging it to turn her around. "seriously, lil. you never leave the apartment, unless it's for essentials, or if it's for any of your vlog videos!" elliot whines, shrugging her shoulders casually when lily glares at her, once again.

lily shrugs her friend's hand off of her shoulder, and sighs defeatedly when elliot doesn't give up the insistent expression on her face.

"you're not gonna stop until i say yes, aren't you?"

elliot smirks in victory, already knowing that lily can't say no to her as she nods and hums in agreement.

for a few seconds, they both sit and stare at each other. then, she groans. "fine!"

elliot excitedly giggles, before throwing her arms around her best friend.

—————

LILY GROANS IN FRUSTRATION AND anxiety, stopping her feet into the middle of the pathway, trying to keep her best friend from dragging her to their planned location—more like elliot's.

"lily! you can't change your mind now!" elliot turns around and stops in front of her for a second, glaring at her. "you already decided to go—you can't go back now."

she groans, her lips turning into a mix of a pout and a frown. "but, i can't!"

elliot rolls her eyes. "girl, you've got nothing to be worried about. i promise that they're good—they are good people."

lily groans again, tears filling her eyes. a part of her knows that she shouldn't be getting so emotional over something so small—she feels like a crybaby.

but, she can't ignore the all-consuming anxiety filling her entire body.

"lil? what's this really about?" elliot suddenly asks in a soft voice, noticing the scared glint in her friend's eyes.

lily sighs shakily, shrugging her shoulders. her voice shakes as she speaks, "i don't know. i—i guess...i'm just a little anxious."

"i guess, it's just been a while, since i've actually talked to anyone, like ever. ever since we graduated earlier this year, and all the things that happened and...the breakup with alex...i don't know how to talk to anyone," lily hurriedly explains.

before her best friend can respond to her, lily looks around worriedly, suddenly feeling like everyone's watching her.

elliot sighs, moving both her hands out to hold her by the shoulders. "hey, it's okay—it's okay to be scared of meeting new people, that's completely normal."

lily sighs, trying to blink away her tears. "but, i feel so stupid for feeling like this..."

elliot chuckles, shaking her head at her best friend. "girl, i promise you're going to like them. in fact, i'm one-hundred percent sure that you're going to get along with all of them—but there's one of them that i think you're going to really like and get along with—along with understand and have a lot in common with."

lily opens her mouth to respond, but something behind elliot catches her attention—it's a group of friends, four people, walking up to them with casual expressions.

"who...who are they?" lily asks shakily, nodding to them, which causes elliot to turn around.

a look of realization and an excited smile forms on elliot's face as she quickly grabs lily's hand and leads her over to them.

lily shakily breathes with some of her breaths hitching in her throat and her gaze falls to the ground as they walk over to them.

"guys! hey!" elliot greets in a shockingly enthusiastic and excited tone of voice.

despite how shocked she is of her best friend's voice, lily still doesn't glance up.

elliot tries to pull her best friend closer to the rest of her other friends, but lily stays rooted in place.

the redheaded girl rolls her eyes at her best friend's anti-social antics. "this is lily," elliot introduces her, turning around to give her a pointed look.

"excuse her behavior—she doesn't like people that much and she doesn't get out that much."

lily's eyes widen in shock and mortification. "what the fuck, ellie! don't fucking say shit like that!" she exclaims, completely in shock that she would embarrass her like that.

the girl doesn't even bother to look any of these new people in the eyes—she's too embarrassed.

and with that she groans at her best friend and turns around to walk away from them, ripping her hand out of elliot's grip.

"see, this is why i didn't want to leave the apartment in the first place!" and with that, she walks away in mere irritation.

—————

A/N: hey, just a warning, there's a lot of anxiety and depression and eating disorder episodes (slight hinting and mentions of them) in this first chapter! in fact, there's going to be quite a few triggering things in here, so please don't read if you think you won't be able to read it. i wasn't even sure of how to go about the first chapter, so i hope it's okay! i mean this by that because the last social media fic i did was a chris woods one and that was a long time ago, but i don't know, i both love and hate the idea of this because i feel worried that one, no one's going to like, nor support it, and two, that i'm going to be really bad at it (let's be honest, i always feel this way about my writing!) but, ANYWAYS! also, i know that like a lot of my fics, the chapters are usually long. but, since this is a social media fanfic, i'm going to try to make the chapters as small as possible.
—hannah <3