thirty eight!

[irl!]

—————

[irl!]

A LITTLE BIT AFTER HEARING lily's abrupt yelling, both nessa and elliot step out of the room and walk over to nick and matt with both apologetic and concerned expressions.

"is she okay?" matt asks with concern, noticing how suddenly quiet lily's room is, compared to the defensive yelling that just happened.

nessa and elliot share a look, before turning to both of the boys and shake their heads.

"no. she's not," elliot pauses, knowing that she's known for quiet a while what's been going on with her best friend.

nick and matt both share a confused look.

"what?" matt asks confusedly with a bit of concern, having a slight idea of what it's about, but wanting to just assume.

nick, however, is only getting impatient with his worry for his friend. "what the hell are you talking about?"

matt gapes at his brother and slap him upside the head. "nick!"

"what?" nick rolls his eyes at his brother and motions to both elliot and nessa. "i just wanna know what they're keeping from us!"

matt simply glares at his brother, but nessa sighs and motions for elliot to go on.

"she has feelings for chris." elliot states guiltily, feeling bad for spilling this fact, but knowing that this whole thing has been going on for far too long.

nick raises an eyebrow in clear shock, while matt sighs and nods, clearly not shocked, considering he's had his suspicions that his brother and his friend had more than just a platonic bond.

nick's speechless for the next few seconds until he sees matt's face of realization.

he scoffs and glares at him. "matt, did you know about this?"

matt sighs and rolls his eyes at his brother and run his hands down his face in clear stress. "i didn't, but i considered that it could've been true."

nick groans in frustration and shakes his head at his brother, while both nessa and elliot watch what could be an argument.

elliot rolls her eyes and glares at the both of them. "enough! we don't have time for this!"

nessa sighs and nods as she crosses her arms, feeling concerned for lily more than anything else. "this is why she's been punishing herself. she refuses to believe it, but she's in love with him. but, she's scared."

nick knits his eyebrows together in confusion. "wait, what? she's in love with him?"

matt sighs and nods, having been suspecting this a while. "i think she is. but, i think she's scared to admit it, because then that makes it real. and we all know how her last relationship ended."

"alex." elliot states tightly, her tone of voice showing how much she despises her best friend's ex-boyfriend.

matt sighs and nods. "she has a right to be scared. but, chris, doesn't understand any of this."