thirty one!

[irl, phone call!]

—————

[irl!]

BEING ANXIOUS THE PAST HOUR isn't anything compared to the nerves filling her when chris knocks on the door and she opens the door and sees the look on his face.

he seems distant and annoyed, which is something that she immediately notices.

she wonders if it's just her mental health trying to make it seem like he's mad at her—god knows that's happened way too many times.

lily steps aside and lets him in, shutting the door when he's in the house.

"chris? is everything okay?" she asks hesitantly, already becoming worried.

he stops in the living room, his back facing her.

"chris? seriously." she says, walking closer to him, her anxiety only becoming worse.

sighing, he turns around to face her, his face filled with irritation. "just tell me the truth, lily."

she knits her eyebrows together in confusion.

she shakes her head, hoping it's not what she thinks it is. "what?"

chris rolls his eyes, glaring at her. "matt told me. about the hate comments."

lily's mouth falls open, her face filled with shock as her breath gets caught in her throat. "h—hate comments?"

her eyes race around the room anxiously, anywhere that's not into chris' eyes because she knows what will happen if she does look him in the eye.

her heart beats faster as she tries to make sense of this. matt told him? why would he do that? especially when he knew she wanted to be the one to tell chris.

before her overthinking can get too bad, she silently reminds herself that there had to be a reason that he told his brother—matt would never purposely do that to her, it had to have been an accident.

he scoffs, rolling his eyes at her again. "lily, don't even try to lie. i know!"

she flinches and her eyes fall to the ground.

despite the fact that she can't see it, he glances down at the ground in guilt and regret, already feeling bad for how he just acted—it no doubt just reminded her of alexander.

i mean, she knows the difference between him and her ex-boyfriend, but he knows that she can't erase her trauma and the way that she reacts to certain things.

after a few more seconds, she sighs and nods with no other words exchanged.

despite feeling so bad for the way he just acted, chris can't help the irritation that comes exploding from him. "i can't believe you didn't even tell me!"

tears fill her eyes as lily glances back up. she shrugs smally.

"i'm sorry," she says genuinely, frowning at how upset this makes him. "really! chris, i mean it."