sixteen!

[irl, social media!]

—————

TW: MENTIONS OF MENTAL HEALTH AND ALCOHOLISM!!

[irl!]

LILY HESITATES ON PRESSING THAT blue button on her phone for a straight minute.

she sighs as her eyes go back to reading over the long paragraph she wrote with her picture beside it.

"ugh!" she groans, setting her phone down on the floor of the living room as she runs her fingers through her hair in clear frustration and stress.

"lily? everything okay?" matt asks, walking into the room after hearing her groan from the hallway as she lifts her phone up again.

she takes a deep breath, staring at the words once again.

with another sigh, she forces herself to look up at the brunette boy, who's now towering over her with a worried expression.

"nothing." she says, immediately, but when he gives her a pointed glance, she hesitates once more, before replying again, "i'm just..."

her voice trails off with her breath coming out shaky.

she groans once more.

this time the rest of the group comes in—elliot, chris, nick, and madi.

"seriously. whatever's going on seems really stressful for you," matt says, going to sit in front of her. "i'm sure it'll help if you tell me."

"i was just trying to write out this post for instagram. about my bpd." she quietly explains, her voice small with her gaze downcast as she gnaws on her bottom lip anxiously.

as she lifts her legs up to push against her chest and leans her arms over her knees, she holds her face in her hand in stress.

"i don't know how to explain it," she mumbles, her eyes finding her phone again, glaring at it when she feels like the post button is glaring at her.

she takes in a shaky breath, trying to keep the blinding tears back. "how the hell am i supposed to even put into words what this means?"

elliot steps forward moving to sit on the couch, above her as she rubs her shoulders comfortingly.

she groans. "god. why do i have to get so emotional? i'm sick of this shit!" she mutters, moving to stand up to walk into the kitchen.

she pushes past her friends to walk over to the sink.

for a moment, she stands there, staring both blankly and full of tears.

with another deep breath, she turns back around, prepared to walk back into the living room to try to figure out a way out of this—this is just too stressful and it would be easier to just ghost everyone and isolate herself.

but instead, she finds chris leaning against the side of the wall, both nick and madi behind him.

"you wanna talk about it?" madi asks gently.