fifteen!

[irl, social media!]

—————

[irl!]

LILY DRAMATICALLY COLLAPSES HER BODY on the floor.

she breathes heavily, turning to face elliot. "i really hope i'm not the only one that's exhausted here."

elliot laughs, glaring at her. "hey! you were the one who barely helped!"

"hey! that isn't true!" she exclaims defensively, sitting up with her elbows leaning on the ground as she looks at everyone else.

"you guys agree with me, right?" she asks seriously, but then she sees their expressions—it's as if they're asking her if she's joking.

"come on, guys!" she whines as she lies back down.

after a second, she looks back at elliot. "that's so not true, elle!"

elliot gives her a pointed look, making lily roll her eyes.

when she looks back at her, the eye contact gets too tense, causing them to both break into laughter, after not being able to stay serious any longer.

"fine!" lily says through some of her laughs, holding her stomach, while trying to breath as her chest tightens from how hard she's laughing.

with another breathless sigh, lily grabs her phone and unlocks it.

with a pointed look, she ignores the continuous texts blowing up her phone.

she's halfway scrolling through instagram, when elliot pokes her in the arm.

"what?" she asks, looking up at her best friend.

she tries to keep her face stoic, so that elliot doesn't ask her what's wrong.

but, of course, she immediately figures it out. "what's going on? does this have to do with why your phone keeps blowing up?"

elliot's face is completely filled with worry and concern as the rest of their friends turn to look at the both of them with open concern and curiosity.

a flash of anger fills elliot's eyes as something occurs to her. "is alex bothering you again?"

lily rolls her eyes as her best friend continues to talk in that protective voice of hers, "if it is, i swear to god, i'll kill him!"

"elle, chill!" she rolls her eyes once more, quickly realizing she'll have to admit the truth.

"it's nothing. really. just a few hate comments." lily mutters, trying to make her lies more convincing.

although, she's not really lying, considering the fact that she has been getting hate a lot recently.

she knows she can't lie to elliot forever.

but, she wants to wait to talk to her sister about the real reason behind her suddenly quiet behavior—she doesn't want to worry elliot any more than she already has.