thirty six!

[irl!]

—————

TW: LOTS OF BPD BEHAVIOR FROM LILY!

[irl!]

CHRIS IS LEFT BY HIMSELF in the car, trying to really understand what matt just told him.

because there's no way it could mean what it sounded like, right?

"yeah, no," chris mutters with a shake of his head.

he moves to take off his seat belt, but stops for a second, thinking back on it, trying to remember if there were any moments that could prove this fact.

after another second, he sighs and shakes his head. "no. there's no way," he mumbles as he grabs his phone and opens the door to get out of the car. "matt's the idiot. not me." he mumbles as he shuts the door and walks to the front door.

chris hesitates for a second with his hand in mid air in front of the door knob. he quickly gets stuck in his head and wonders why he even bothered to come here in the first place.

going inside makes him nervous. especially about seeing lily for the first time since their argument.

he's honestly not even completely sure about why he decided to go with to see her. i mean, he's been mad at her for almost a week.

but, as much as he'd like to act that he could care less, that's not him. and he'll always care about her.

so, after a few seconds of almost getting stuck in his head, chris opens the door and walks inside.

once the door is shut, he walks into the living room to see nick and matt sitting on the couch, while nessa and elliot are talking in the kitchen.

nick is comforting matt, who looks extremely worried and anxious. and nessa is doing a similar thing with elliot, though it's quite clear that nessa is just as worried.

when elliot sees chris enter the room, she walks over to him. "look, chris, i know what happened. lily told me right after you left. but, whatever anger you might have for her, please, don't use this as a way to hurt her."

chris looks almost offended that she'd suggest this. "i wouldn't do that!" he's extremely annoyed that as his friend, she'd think he'd do that. after another second, he takes a deep breath and shakes his head, knowing it's not her fault, seeing as she's just worried. "look, i'm not going to be petty about this. i know that i'm still mad at her, but i'm still worried about her. i guess that's why i went with. i'm not entirely sure why i care this much."

elliot smiles at his words, as if she knows something else, but she doesn't say it.

however, before either of them can say anything else, or chris can question what look she just gave him, lily's bedroom door opens and she stumbles out with a numb look on her face.

everyone turns to look at her and they all take the moment to observe what she looks like, seeing as she's yet to notice them yet.

they all see the messy hair, the eye bags, the look of nothing in her eyes and the fact that it's quite clear that she hasn't changed in the past week.

chris' worry for her only grows when he sees her look up at them with panic and anxiety.

once she realizes that she's not alone in the house, she moves to back away back to her bedroom. but, elliot is quick to walk towards her and grab her hand to keep her from running back into her room.

lily still tries to leave, but elliot's grip is stern, which makes her glare angrily at her. "what the hell is this? why are they here?" she questions angrily, refusing to look at chris, in fear that if she does, she's going to cry.

elliot sighs, just about to answer, but matt gets up from the couch and says, "we're worried about you. all of us." he motions to chris and chris rolls his eyes at his brother.

lily scoffs, feeling that impulsive need deep inside her that wants to lash out. "well, too bad. leave. i don't want any of you here," she spits out, this time looking exactly at chris and feeling her anger for how he reacted to the whole situation. "and especially him!"

lily turns to leave again, ignoring the hurt look on all of their faces, especially chris,' but nessa steps forward. "lils, please. don't do this." she begs with understanding in her tone of voice, knowing exactly what she's going through.

"do what?" she scoffs with an angry glare.

nessa throws her hands up in the air, but not in anger. "this, your behavior just now," she says with a little bit of exasperation, before stepping closer to her and speaking in a soft tone of voice, "you know that i know what you're going through. i know you're scared and you're hurting and your brain is trying to make you lash out," lily's face softens at her words. "you don't have to go through this alone, okay?"

lily completely stops fighting elliot, but she's too ashamed to look at the rest of their friends, especially because of the way she just acted.

elliot and nessa share a look. "let's go talk for a bit, okay?" nessa asks gently, seeing that this is more than just about her mental disorder.

lily gulps quietly and bites her lip as she nods, ignoring looking chris in the eye.

once they see her nod, both nessa and elliot lead lily back to her room to talk.

the moment the door shuts, chris scoffs angrily and shakes his head. "this is fucking unbelievable," he mumbles as he walks over to the door.

"wait, what are you doing?" nick questions as matt follows chris to the door, hoping to convince him to stay. "yeah, you can't leave! she needs you."

chris scoffs again and turns to face the both of them. "she clearly doesn't. she doesn't want me here. and honestly, i don't even know why i'm here in the first place."

and with that, chris leaves and sits in the car.

matt sighs and turns to face nick, who looks like he's ready to explode, before he steps forward, ready to lecture his brother.

but, matt sighs and stops him. "no, don't. let him be. we can't force him to do this."

nick wants to argue, but doesn't want to start anything that could make things worse for the situation.

with that, he moves to sit back down on the couch and so does matt, both of them feeling worry for both chris and lily.

—————