twenty one!

[irl!]

—————

TW: MENTIONS OF MENTAL HEALTH, TOXIC PARENTS AND ANXIETY!!

[irl!]

THE LAST FEW DAYS HAVE been extremely stressful for everyone.

but, nessa convinced lily to stay over at her house, where her and ralfie had been hanging out before, while she called elliot to tell everyone that she was safe and sound.

and for lily, those few days before their friends came over has been nothing but exhausting.

but, the first thing nessa helped lily do to help her feel much more at ease was blocking her parents—needless to say, it should've been the first thing she did, but nonetheless, it's done.

and lily's nothing but anxious and drained when the group gets to the house—it's only the triplets, madi, elliot, allison, and jake, since the others had visited her and checked on her a few days ago.

having just a smaller group come in to check on her and talk to her is a whole lot easier than having the whole, big group of friends surround her. especially when she's so drained too.

lily's clearly a mess when they get there—even though ralfie and nessa tried to help her take care of herself before anyone came over.

she'd showered and brushed her teeth, but she still looked obviously different; her hair was thrown into a messy bun with her hoodie over her head, dark and red eye bags, fidgeting fingers and anxiety and stress and drained-energy clear on her face.

lily's sitting with her head in her hands and her head is dipped down.

her leg hasn't stopped bouncing since elliot texted nessa telling her that they'd be there in an hour.

when the door creaks open, lily anxiously looks up and immediately stands up.

she gulps guiltily when she sees the worried look on elliot's face.

elliot opens her mouth to say something, but lily beats her to it, "i'm sorry."

elliot's worried face turns into one of shock. "what?"

lily sighs, glancing down at the ground as she says in a quiet voice, "you were right and i'm sorry," she looks back up at her and gnaws on her bottom lip anxiously, once more. "i shouldn't have left. i should've just stayed and talked to you."

despite her being shocked, elliot asks the question she's had in her head since they fought, "then, why did you?"

"i was scared. and embarrassed," she says, trying to find the energy to apologize, even though she feels so drained from everything. "i think i didn't want to admit how bad things were getting."

elliot sighs, rolling her eyes at her best friend when she asks her next question, "are you mad at me?"

"of course i'm not, you idiot!" she scoffs and rushes forward to throw her arms around her.

lily frowns as she accepts the hug, knowing that she really needs it.

despite knowing that everyone has a right to be worried, she avoids looking at them until they directly greet her—one thing she hates than anything else is pity and being vulnerable in front of others, which is something that she's trying to work on.