twenty!

[irl, texts, irl!]

—————

TW: MENTIONS OF BPD, MENTAL HEALTH, SUICIDAL THINKING, ATTEMPTS AND REALLY VULGAR LANGUAGE AND MANIPULATION FROM LILY'S PARENTS!! ALSO TOXIC FAMILY STUFF TOO!!

[irl!]

LILY WASN'T EXPECTING ANYTHING ELSE to shake her.

but, ever since the calls and texts from her parents have been getting worse, things have been incredibly overwhelming.

for the past two hours, she's been standing in front of the bathroom counter with the familiar pill bottle sitting on it.

she numbly stares at it, internally struggling with what to do.

a part of her knows that she shouldn't be considering what she's thinking about—she knows deep down that it's wrong.

but, she can't stop thinking about the cruel things her parents have been saying to her.

before she can consider anything else, she hears the front door open and shut gently.

with her eyes widening, she turns away from the counter when she hears some footsteps.

anxiously, she hides in front of the bottle, in case anyone walks in.

"lily?" elliot calls, walking down the hallway to where the bathroom is.

"is everything okay? we've been texting you like—"

elliot's voice stops suddenly, when she finally makes it to the doorway.

her eyebrows knit together in confusion. "what's going on?" she asks, noticing the anxiety on her friend's face.

"n—nothing..." she trails off, gulping nervously as she notices her friend getting closer to her.

lily holds her breath when elliot's eyes catch onto the fact that her hands are hiding behind her back.

then, her eyes find the mirror that reveals the pill bottle from behind her friend's back.

elliot gapes for a few seconds, before she scoffs and steps forward.

as her best friend draws closer to her, lily doesn't act fast enough when she grabs the bottle from the counter.

"what the hell is this, lily?!" she yells shakily, shaking the bottle for good measure.

lily winces and keeps her mouth shut, biting her bottom lip anxiously.

elliot scoffs again when lily doesn't even defend herself.

sighing anxiously, lily walks out of the bathroom, pushing past elliot.

she immediately follows her as lily walks through the hallway and over to the door, purposely ignoring the small group of friends that are sitting in the living room.

"lily!" elliot exclaims, throwing her hands up in the air as her best friend stops in her place, but doesn't turn around.

"what?" she yells back, turning back around to face her and their confused friends.