eight!

[irl!]

—————

TW: MENTIONS OF ANXIETY, DEPRESSION AND ALCOHOLIC PROBLEMS!

[irl!]

AFTER A WHILE, AFTER TALKING excitedly and animatedly with alahna, lily decides to bring out some alcohol bottles—these ones are elliot's, so she knows she has no reason to worry about seeming hella suspicious.

"soooo, if any of y'all wanna have some drinks, they're here," she says excitedly, pointing to the kitchen table where she just placed them on. "if you don't want to, that's okay too—do whatever you're comfortable with."

some of the friends give her confused looks.

"a—are you sure?" elliot asks, suddenly feeling guilty for having drinks in the house. especially with someone that knows exactly where they are—this is something she's confused on because she didn't expect her to know that, since she never told her.

lily immediately jumps in to reassure her and the rest of her friends. "oh, no. i'm fine, really," she says, trying to keep her face stoic as she notices the pointed looks she gets from most of the group, excluding the triplets and madi.

"seriously. it doesn't bother me, i promise."

after a few minutes of questioning whether she's telling the truth or not, elliot finally relents and steps forward with some of their friends and looks at one of the bottles.

then, her eyes glance at all of them, all at once, confusion filling her facial expression.

andy, stood beside her, turns to her with concern. "elle? what's wrong?"

elliot turns to face her, her eyes finding lily's suspicious-looking face. "i...don't know. i could've sworn there were a few other bottles, but they're not here with the others."

"maybe i should go check my stash..." she trails off suddenly, starting to walk towards the hall that leads to the other rooms.

lily suddenly steps in front of her path, stopping her from going further. "wait! you can't!"

"uh...why not?" elliot questions, both confused and suspicious of her.

everyone turns to watch her, just as confused. "uh, because...i already know where the stash is—i found it a long time ago, on accident—but, i grabbed all of the bottles that were there," she explains hastily. "i just don't think you should waste your time."

"okay...?" elliot confusedly says, turning back to andy and walking back over to her.

chris steps forward and walks over to elliot, whispering to her, "why is she being so weird about drinking?"

elliot opens her mouth to explain quietly, but somehow lily hears it and walks over to them, trying to ignore how intimidating he is to her.

"ah, she hasn't told you yet?"

chris shrugs his shoulders in confusion.

"well..." lily trails off, not sure how to explain without revealing that she's back to drinking. "well, every one of our other friends likes to think and say that i'm an raging alcoholic." she laughs like it's the most ridiculous thing that she's ever heard.