nine!

[irl!]

—————

TW: MENTIONS OF DEPRESSION (ALSO SLIGHT HINTS OF SELF-HARM!) ANXIETY, ALCOHOLISM AND ABUSE!

[irl!]

FRUSTRATED, LILY BENDS DOWN TO pick up, yet another, mess on the floor.

chris doesn't dare move an inch, only staring at her in shock—lily can feel the disappointment coming off of him in waves.

for some reason, thinking about him being disappointed in her hurts her. she can't explain it.

"have you ever heard of knocking before entering someone's room?" she mutters sarcastically, staying bent down.

she's not even actually picking up the bottle's broken shards or wiping up the mess of the alcohol on the ground—she just doesn't want to look at that dismayed expression on his face.

he scoffs, rolling his eyes at her. "yeah, well," he says, finally moving to grab the paper towels that lie down near where her phone and the broken mirror pieces are laying at. "i went to check on you because you were acting pretty upset earlier."

"then, i saw the mess by the door and figured i'd help." he finishes explaining, bending down to help her.

she doesn't look up at him; she just carelessly grabs the pieces of glass with her own fingers, not even noticing how she's sliced some skin on them.

"hey!" he suddenly says, grabbing her hands, after making her drop the glass pieces back onto the ground. "be fucking careful."

she rolls her eyes, quickly becoming annoyed at why he's even helping her.

"why do you even care?" she exclaims, standing back up as he finally gets the rest of the broken glass from the ground with some of the paper towels and throws it in the garbage can beside her bed.

he glares at her, also becoming quickly annoyed with her.

"we don't even know each other," she continues, crossing her arms on her chest. "you didn't need to help me!" she whisper-yells.

he groans and turns around. "wow," he mutters in more frustration, before turning back around. "you really have trust issues."

she scoffs, bending back down to clean up the remaining alcohol that's still on the floor.

she focuses on cleaning it up, before throwing the used paper towels in her trash.

"alex must've really fucked you up, so bad that you can't trust a single freaking person!" chris suddenly says, almost practically blurting it out.

lily immediately freezes in her place, moving her hands to lie on top of the dresser.

she clenches her fists together, ignoring the pain from digging her nails into her skin—all she knows is that hearing those words hurt.

after realizing what he said, he regrets saying them—he just wanted to hurt her because her own words were hurting him.

but, he wouldn't ever admit this to her.