twenty seven!

[texts, irl!]

—————

[texts!]

elle 🤞🏻❤️‍🩹 — elliot

lils 💍 — lily

elle 🤞🏻❤️‍🩹
hey

lils 💍
hey what's up??

elle 🤞🏻❤️‍🩹
just hanging out w our friends

lils 💍
oh nice!
can u tell everyone i say hi??

elle 🤞🏻❤️‍🩹
yeah ofc
read at 3:25 p.m.

elle 🤞🏻❤️‍🩹
so how is the cake??

lils 💍
it's rlly good

elle 🤞🏻❤️‍🩹
oh so ur enjoying it then?

lils 💍
yeah i did
i stopped to take a break
but sab and ralf r eating some of it right now

elle 🤞🏻❤️‍🩹
oh so did ralf take the rest of the plate u guys were sharing before?

lils 💍
uh yeah
read at 3:30 p.m.

lils 💍
why do u care sm?

elle 🤞🏻❤️‍🩹
no reason
i'm just curious
read at 3:33 p.m.

lils 💍
okay then
read at 3:35 p.m.

—————

[irl!]

SHE STARES AT HER PHONE screen for too long. even when she turns her phone off—she's just too lost in her thoughts about her best friend acting weird.

since when has elliot ever been so invested in what she eats?

she gets the side of being a protective, worried friend towards the other that has an eating disorder and the fact that she randomly wanted to eat a whole chocolate cake.

but, something tells her that elliot's behavior is not about her eating disorder at all. maybe it was just to talk to her and check in on her about something else entirely.

before she can get too caught up in her thoughts, she turns her phone on and starts scrolling through her notifications, mostly to distract herself, only to find one from instagram.

sturniolo.triplets has tagged you in a post!

confusion and curiosity fills her as she goes to click on the notification, realizing that it's a new, different post than the one chris tagged her in.

when her phone brings her to that post, she sees the caption and a small smile fills her face.

but then, as she scrolls through the comments—to see her friends' comments, how usually does before liking any posts—and takes in every entertaining comments from them, even chris' comment that had her feeling nervous about, she finds some not so nice comments from some fans.

she knows she should stop looking, but she scrolls down and reads countless and countless different hate comments, her heart breaking worse, by every passing second.

gulping with tears filling her eyes, she quietly shuts off her phone and places it face down on the counter.

for the next few minutes, she can't get those cruel comments out of her head.

it's not like she's never had hate comments—she's always had quite a few haters, ever since she started youtube and even when she was dating alexander.

but, it's different this time.

it's the fact that these hateful, cruel people behind their screens are insinuating that she's using the triplets and madi.

especially when that's further than the truth.

it may have been in a short amount of time, but she's grown to really care about them and her life has become so much better after knowing them.

they not only have made her life happier, but they've made her feel like she deserves to live that life—they just have that positive effect on most people.

a light tap on her shoulder shakes her out of her thoughts.

with a small gasp of surprise, she turns to face andy, who's wearing a concerned look on her face.

"lily? what's going on?" she asks seriously, unknowingly snapping sabrina and ralfie out of their excited conversation.

"what's going on?" sabrina asks, ralfie nodding in agreement.

"yeah, what's happening right now?" he asks, immediately forgetting about the cake on lily's old plate that he was excited about eating before.

her friends can now see the upset look in her eyes.

shaking her head, lily speaks, despite how dry her throat feels, "nothing, guys. really, i'm fine."

sabrina gives her a pointed look, knowing that neither she, ralfie, or andy believes this for even a second.

lily sighs in defeat, going quiet, but not wanting to admit what's going on.

andy, however, seems to read her mind. "is this about those hate comments on the triplets' group account?"

lily's silence is the clear answer to her question.

"you know none of us—and especially not madi and the boys—believe for even a second that you're using them." andy says seriously, frowning at the sad look in her eyes.

"i just don't get what i did to make these fans that i don't even know to hate me so much." lily mumbles, the tears spilling to her cheeks, but she sniffles and harshly wipes them away, sick of being so vulnerable.

sabrina sighs, before getting up and going to hug her, which is both what she does and doesn't need in the moment.

andy and ralfie soon join too.

after they pull away from her, lily sniffles once more. "can you guys keep this between us? i want to be the one to tell the others about this."

sabrina nods, silently agreeing with andy's mental opinion that their best friend doesn't deserve any of this.

ralfie sighs in frustration, pulling lily back in for another hug, hating how these hateful fans are affecting his best friend like this.

—————

A/N: ugh guys lily's suffering once again :( but are we really shocked? i like writing about pain more than fluff, what can i say??? jk, but this is another filler chapter!! hope you like it.

—hannah <3