thirty four!

[irl!]

—————

[irl!]

MATT HAD GATHERED HIS CAR keys and just got off of the phone with nessa, asking her if he could pick her up to go with him to elliot's and lily's house to confront lily and be there for her—she'd obviously said yes.

and just as he was about to leave, he noted to himself mentally that he needed to tell his brothers that he was leaving.

so, once he has his keys in his hands and his phone his pocket, he walks over to both nick and chris, who're sitting on the living room couch, watching some random show and arguing about who's right.

"hey, guys, i'm heading out. i'll be back later." he says and turns around to walk out before they can say anything.

"what? why? is everything okay?" nick asks in both confusion and concern as he walks up to matt, completely forgetting about his previous argument with chris, who's been recently more annoyed than usual.

matt hesitates, seeing chris going back to his phone, his new behavior pretty visible.

"matt! what the hell is wrong?" nick questions, now more irritated than being concerned. "i'm not letting you leave until you tell me what's wrong."

matt sighs and roll his eyes. "i'm leaving to pick up ness to go see lily and elliot. lily's really struggling and elliot's worried. and so am i. and nessa might be one of the only people that can help her," he pauses and his eyes catch onto his moody brother sitting on the couch, acting like he's not listening.

"chris was the one elliot wanted to help with this, but clearly he could care less. so, i'm off to try and help." he says with an annoyed sigh, but tries to remind himself that chris has ever right to be mad—he just thinks that he's taking it a little too far.

chris' face shifts from one of guilt, but he quickly changes his expression back to annoyance, which is something that's been going on a lot.

before matt can really notice or think about chris' change in demeanor, nick interrupts him with a determined tone of voice, "well, i'm going with."

matt turns to face him with a shocked and worried expression. "i'm not sure that's a good idea. we're trying to not overwhelm her with too many people."

nick rolls his eyes and crosses his arms with an annoyed expression on his face. "i don't care! she's my friend too and unlike chris, i'm not going to sit by and let her suffer like this. she needs to know that her friends will be there for her."

nick's words aren't meant to hurt chris, but he can't help but be a little annoyed at his brother's behavior.

before matt can refuse, nick doesn't leave much time to argue when he starts walking out the door with his phone in his hand and waiting for matt to follow.

matt hesitates when he notices chris' face shifting to one of sadness and regret when he thinks that he's alone.

matt steps forward to say something—anything—to comfort chris or at least maybe convince him to go with to see lily—but nick glares at his brother and raises his arms in the air as a sign of irritation.

"let's go, matt!"

matt rolls his eyes at his brother's bossiness and turns to leave with his brother.

once they're in the car, they're just about to leave, when the passenger side's door opens and chris gets in with a look of determination.

both matt and nick look at him in shock, knowing how stubborn he can be.

chris simply rolls his eyes as he puts on his seatbelt. "let's go already!"

matt and nick share a look, before nick puts on his own seatbelt in the back of the car and matt starts driving with his seatbelt already on.

while they're driving to nessa's house, matt wonders if chris is going to be making things better or worse for him and lily.

—————

A/N: hey guys!! here's a little filler chapter!! sorry for how inactive i've been, i'm trying to be better about this.
—hannah <3