Ch.15

After showering, I blow dry my hair leaving it down and wavy. I pick out a long light pink dress to wear. My mother always said I looked like a hippy in it but it's really hot out today and the dress is airy and comfortable.

It's 6:30 p.m. Now I have to call Chris, I purposely waited until this time so Maddox's arrival will ensure my escape. Chris picked up on the first ring.

"Tell me everything!" He yells.

Laughing I begin, "His name is Maddox Kahn, he's beautiful! You know what I mean, the type of handsome with just the right amount of pretty. He plays football at UCLA and he's friends with my cousin J.J."

"That's all?! You're not going to tell me how you managed to get a date and have him completely wrapped around your finger in the twenty-four hours you were there?"

"He's not wrapped around my finger, trust me. I don't think anyone can bring Maddox to his knees, he's just not the type."

I start thinking about his fight the other night; I know better than to tell Chris he's a fighter. An illegal street fighter....What the hell am I thinking? I'm tiny, especially compared to Maddox. If he ever lost his temper with me, I have no illusions that I wouldn't be in big trouble.

"Oh, not the type. So when I told him yesterday not to break your heart and he said, 'you don't have to worry about that,' he wasn't admitting he REALLY liked you? Girl, you have no clue what you have and it's so irritating!"

"I know he likes me, Chris. I'm just saying he has a lot going on and I'm probably number ten on his list of priorities, especially when school starts. He's either a junior or senior majoring in business management while minoring in economics-"

"Business and economics? Are you sure he's not a huge dork... I mean the glasses and all, are you messing with me? I have to meet this guy but for now, send me a pic." He orders, interrupting me.

"I'm not taking a picture of him just to send it to you," I say, laughing. "He's not a dork. Far from it, he's way too male and way too sexy to ever be considered dorky."

"Be that way. But I am totally Googling him though." And I hear him on his computer clicking away.

I hear the doorbell. "Look I have to go, we're going to a party. I'll talk to you later. Love you." I tell him.

"Fine. Have fun and I'll let you know what I find on him. Love ya, bitch." He replies, already distracted.

After I hang up, I grab my white cardigan just in case I get cold and my big leather purse and throw my phone and the cardigan in it. I walk toward the front door.

Someone must have let him in, but there's no one to be seen now. As I look around seeing him standing against the door. Ugh. Why does he have to wear those glasses! He's wearing dark loose fitting jeans and a grey v neck and a black beanie slightly hanging off the back of his head. He looks hot. I can see his smirk. Obviously, he knows what he does to me. I smile at him as I reach the door.

"Hello beautiful." He says, in a husky tone.

"Hello, Maddox." I reply, simply.

"What? No Clark Kent?" He replies, teasing me.

I turn a bright shade of red so instead of answering him or looking at him, I reach behind him for the door knob. I hear him chuckle but he lets me open the door and walk out. He grabs my waist from behind and pulls me to him. Taking one hand he moves my hair to one side and kisses my neck. Wicked, wicked lips. I lean my head back on his chest and he continues to kiss down my neck and across my collarbone. Turning me to face him, he kisses me once then licks my bottom lip, looking into my eyes he crushes his lips on mine.

J.J. comes out of the house and seeing Maddox yells, "Hey! Not in front of me! Let's go, we're going to be late." He laughs.

Maddox doesn't turn, still holding my waist against him he says, "You can still walk."

"Or you can have mercy on my poor eyes." J.J. Responds, smirking.

"Sorry, some things you can't unsee, bro." He states, wickedly. This makes me laugh as we walk over and get into the black Audi Maddox was driving the night of the fight.

Sitting up front, Maddox takes my hand and we drive to the frat house.