Ch.28

I stand in my room looking at the space in front of Maddox where Logan was. I'm aware that Maddox is looking at me but I am too stunned by what just happened. I hear J.J. yell from down the hall coming towards Maddox.

"What the fuck was that about, Maddox?" He shouts.

Maddox doesn't respond but he turns and coming towards me. "I'm so sorry." He says. I still haven't looked up to meet his eyes and I notice J.J. is now standing in the doorway.

"Maddox, what happened?" He questions, calmly this time.

"I followed him after he left the kitchen to Hadley's room. I heard him tell her I was manipulative and no good and a bunch of other shit. I came into the room told him to leave and he just wouldn't fucking shut his mouth."

I look up at Maddox. He's been looking at me the entire time he's been talking to J.J. He steps closer to me like he's afraid of me. Then it clicks, he's afraid I'll reject him, that I won't let him touch me.

"Hadley, are you okay?" J.J. asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine I was just shocked. I mean one second it was okay, Logan was leaving and the next Maddox was on him." I turn to Maddox suddenly pissed. "Do you think you could go one day without hitting someone? This is not going to happen. Enough of this shit, Maddox, you won't have to worry about anyone taking me from you because I'll be leaving on my own. I mean it, no more fights, if it happens again I'm gone."

"I realize how this looks. Trust me, I've never hit anyone outside of the ring before." Maddox replies, sounding completely honest.

"That doesn't help, Maddox. I came into your life and you've beat up two of your friends all ready." I respond, feeling helpless.

"Yeah, some friend Logan was. Talking that shit behind my back. I don't need that type of friend, Hadley." He argues.

"Logan likes her, he was just putting in his last ditch effort. It's not like Hadley was going to listen to the ramblings of a jealous man over the guy she's with. I know it's none of my business, but I think Hadley's right. Anymore fights and you should be out of her life." J.J. Agrees, crossing his arms.

"Yeah, I got it." Maddox says, a little irritated.

"I also want to say sorry about calling last night. Logan kind of talked me into it, said it was my duty to check up on you. It's not that I don't think you can't make your own decisions, or that I don't trust Maddox." J.J. Explains, slightly embarrassed.

"Yeah, I heard Logan in the background." Maddox, replies.

"You don't need to apologize, J.J." I say.

Maddox's phone rings, "Its Coach."... "Hello."...a few minutes later he says, "It won't," and hangs up.

"What did he say?" I ask.

"Logan wants me off the team." Maddox answers quietly.

"What?!" J.J. yells.

"Your dad said he heard what happened. That Logan shouldn't have said those things but above all, I shouldn't have hit him. He said not to let it happen again." Maddox explains.

Maddox looks defeated and ashamed of himself, I hate it. I close the distance and hug him tightly. J.J. takes that as his cue to leave.

"Well, if you're a really good boy there are a few things I would let you to teach me in your bedroom." I say, jokingly.

"Please don't do this to me. I already have blue balls from earlier. We still have dinner to get through. It's all ready hard enough without you putting this stuff in my head." He says, looking sad yet hopeful.

"I better get dressed." I shut the door and go get underwear and shoes to go with the outfit I had picked out. I slip off my dress knowing Maddox is watching, what can I say? I want him to change, so if he wants me bad enough he will. I take off my bra and panties. I put on new lacy white panties then the matching bra I look over to Maddox. He's on my bed touching himself through his pants, raking his eyes over my body.

"Come here." He orders, huskily.

I start to walk over to him but stop and grab my dress and attempt to slip it on. Before I get too far, Maddox stops me and throws me on the bed kissing me deeply. "Not here, Maddox. Let me up." I demand, breaking the kiss. He groans and rolls over. I get dressed and look at the time, it's all ready four. "We better get going." I say. Maddox grunts and stands up.

"Pack a bag for this weekend."

"Nope." I reply.

I watch him go to the closet take a bag out, undoing the zipper he puts my black stiletto heels and black mini dress in first. Then looking through my underwear he picks a black see through bra and matching black thong. He must see more he likes because he picks up a lavender set and a red matching bra and panties. He also adds a pair of shorts and a green tank top.

"All right, let's go." He says, taking the bag and my hand leading me out to his car.