Ch. 46

"I'm coming home, see you soon." Tyler says, hanging up. I try calling him back to tell him to stay there and that I'd see him when he got back but he wouldn't answer.

I stare at the ceiling, lost in thought thinking of Maddox.

I hear my phone ring and I'm surprised to see it's all ready six, shit! It's Chris.

"Hey." I say, quietly.

"Hey yourself, bitch! You couldn't call me?" He yells.

"Sorry, that was pretty shitty of me." I admit.

"We're on our way to your house but we're going to be a little late."

"Take your time, I haven't even gotten dressed yet." I reply.

"Okay, see you in like twenty minutes."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

I get out of bed and get dressed in my long dark green dress and my brown wedge heels.

There's a knock on my door and without me saying anything Tyler comes in. "You okay?" He asks, simply.

"Yeah. I just feel sad but I'll be fine." I say.

"Have you talked to him?" He asks.

"No. I was thinking about how best to tell him. I know he deserves to hear this face to face but I just don't think it will go over very well."

"He'll probably kidnap you. I mean, he did put a tracking device on you like you're a household pet." He responds, bitterly.

"I know." I say, still reeling from the discovery. "Micro-chipped by my own boyfriend." I shake my head.

"Where are you headed?" He asks.

"Dinner, will you come? Alex is still not listening to me and I don't want to deal with it by myself." I beg.

"Sure." He replies, seriously.

I walk over and hug him. "Thank you for being the only person I can count on."

He hugs me back. "No problem, babe."

"Sorry, to make you leave. That's not why I called."

He smiles. "They understand. Plus, I promised to take you back soon."

"I'm glad your mom was with you. I really needed to hear it from her, too."

"She was happy you called her. She missed out on so much with Brandy." He says, sadly.

We hear the doorbell. "That's the boys, let's go." I grab my purse and we leave my room.

We walk out to the foyer and Chris runs to me giving me a bear hug. "Missed ya."

"I missed you, too. Have you been going out at all?" I ask.

"Yeah, club life is awesome here." He replies. "I didn't make reservations anywhere I just thought we'd drive around and find someplace." Chris says. "You're coming too, right, Tyler?"

"Yep. If you don't mind?" Tyler questions, looking at Alex who is looking back at him with cold eyes.

We walk outside. "Look, guys. This is my new car." I say, walking up to my baby.

"Nice choice, babe." Tyler whistles.

"It's so pretty." Chris adds.

"The new model, right? I want one." Alex adds, looking the car over.

I hear a car door slam and look up to see Maddox making his way towards us. My heart is racing, he looks mad but strangely calm at the same time. I look at Tyler worried as he comes to stand beside me.