Ch. 32

I hang up the phone on a furious Maddox, but at this point I don't care. Let his friends calm him down.

"Well... He took that better than I expected." Tyler, says nervously. "How much do you want to bet he shows up here?"

"He doesn't know where you live and you have a gate." I respond, reassuringly.

"He'll find someone who does. What the hell is my gate going to do? He'll be here in an hour." He states, knowingly.

"Well, we better start our lady night then." I suggest, smirking.

"Let's go." Tyler nods, grabbing a grocery bag. We head up a set of stairs and he asks, "What do you want me to do when he gets here?"

"Don't get hurt. Please, I would blame myself. So, just stay out of his way. I'll handle it myself." I answer, starting to believe that Tyler's right; Maddox will find a way to me, no matter what.

Tyler opens a door. "Come on in, I'll get you something to wear."

"My, how the other half lives." I gasp, when I see his bed. "You have the biggest bed I've ever seen!" I yell, completely jealous. I know I'm short but I can still appreciate a big bed.

He chuckles, "I love my bed." He agrees, walking through a set of doors. I wait and he comes out with a pair of boxers and a green tee shirt. "Bathroom's through there." He says, pointing to another door. I walk to the bathroom and change. When I get out, Tyler is sitting against the headboard in his pajamas with a pink mask on his face. I laugh and he looks up smiling.

"Wow, you look good." I state, seriously trying not to smile.

"You're just jealous I'm going to have...," he leans over and picks up the bottle. "Smaller pores and radiant skin."

"Yeah, totally jealous." I nod, sarcastically.

"Don't be, come here." He orders, patting the bed. I climb in sitting by him leaning on the headboard. "Face me." I turn and he starts putting the pink mask on me.

"Oh, that smells so good."

"Don't taste it, it's gross." He warns, shuddering.

"You tried to eat it!" I shout, laughing.

"Don't make me smile, it's pulling my skin! And no I didn't try to eat it, I just tasted it." He replies, defensively.

He finishes applying the mask and wipes his fingers on a tissue. Grabbing a remote, he presses a button. A big television pops up from the footboard of the bed. "Okay, now I'm seething with jealousy."

He chuckles. "I have Pride and Prejudice and Emma. Sorry, no Notebook, I like Jane Austen." He confesses.

"You like Jane Austen?" I ask surprised.

"What, I play football so I can't like Jane Austen? You're so prejudiced." He gets up and puts a DVD in from the side of the television. I yawn and Tyler smiles, "Go ahead and get comfy, we have twenty minutes until the black knight gets here."

The movie starts. "Did you have to remind me? I was having such a relaxing time." I say, getting under the covers.

"Sorry, want me to give you a paint job?"

"Paint job?" I ask, confused.

"Yeah, like paint your hands and toes."

I laugh. "Oh, that does pull." I agree, touching my face.

"Told you so, hold on." He gets up and goes to the bathroom then comes out with a wash cloth and a clean face.

"I would have gone to the sink. You didn't need to do that." I point to the wet washcloth.