Ch. 36

"Ah! Really, Hadley, that's all you have to say?" Chris voices his outrage. "We need a plan." He says, coming closer.

"Okay..."

"Bitch, snap the hell out of it!" Chris, yells clearly irritated.

"I'll just tell him the truth, Chris. That I'm with Maddox and plan on staying with him." I state, calmly even though my heart is racing. Alex loves me? It's too much for me to wrap my head around. For two years?

"What if he tries to change your mind? Think about it, he's waited for two years. He didn't even tell me! When I confronted him today, he was embarrassed he's liked you since you were sixteen. Even if you were always more grown up in looks and behavior, it's still weird, he know that.

"If he sees the way I am with Maddox tonight, he'll change his mind and go back to New York, I'm sure of it."

"We have to get back. Hurry up and change. Remember, act normal." Chris reminds me.

"Yeah, I know. I'll just stick by Maddox or Tyler, that will help. Oh, Maddox was right! He told me Alex loves me today when I came in to look for him. He was upset seeing Alex touch me and said he was sure he had feelings for me. How can I be so blind?!"

"He fooled me, too. We need a straight guy's perspective. A straight guy would know how to handle this."

"We'll talk to Tyler." I say, going to my dresser getting out my dark green string bikini. I start putting it on and find flip flops then I grab a towel. "Let's go." I rush. I don't want Alex to suspect anything.

We walk back and I ask. "So, who do you think is the hottest?" We both start laughing, breaking the tension.

"Well, you definitely bagged the hottest. But if I liked big black guys, oh wait, I do." We look at each other. "Spencer." We say, at the same time opening the backdoor. We're still laughing when I'm picked up and carried to the pool.

"Tyler!" I scream.

"Yeah, babe! That's it, scream for me!" He yells, jumping in the water.

I swim to the surface and laugh. "You suck, Tyler!"

"No, that's your job or hasn't Maddox taught you how to do that yet?" He questions, quietly but Chris who's behind me hears and starts laughing.

"Pervert!" I yell, laughing with Chris.

I look around for Maddox. Damn, he disappeared again! Alex catches my attention when he comes out of the house in only his swim trunks. I look away quickly, but not before I see his muscular arms and broad shoulders. As far as bodies, go he may have a slight advantage over Maddox. But it's only because his thighs are as big as tree trucks and his forearms are as big as my legs. Maddox is more sculpted, where every muscle is toned to perfection. Ugh, stop comparing Alex and Maddox, Hadley!

"Hey! Earth to, Daphne!" Tyler, jokes.

"Sorry, what is it?" I ask.

"Care to share it with the class, babe?" He asks, amused.

"Don't call her babe." I hear Alex say as he gets in the pool.

"You too, huh? Are you collecting boyfriends, Hadley? Does Maddox know?" He asks, raising an eyebrow teasingly.

"I'm going to ignore that. Its fine, Alex." I say. "Speaking of boyfriends, where is he?" I question, knowing Alex will hear. I turn to look for him again and I see him coming our way with only his tight black Calvin Klein briefs on.

"Damn, he is fiiine." Chris declared.

I laugh. "You're wearing your undies in the pool?" I question, when he's standing above me.