Ch. 43

I wake up with Tyler draped over me. So, I do the only logical thing. Bringing my foot up to his hip and my hands to his shoulders I pushed him off the bed.

"Ummph. What the hell!" Tyler yells. Eyes as big as dinner plates.

"Your-face-priceless!" I point, laughing.

There's a knock on the door and Gary peeks in. "Time to get up." He says. When he sees Tyler he laughs. "Nice wake up call Hadley."

"Thank you. I'm pretty proud of it myself." I reply, smirking at Tyler.

"Pay backs, babe....Pay backs." He threatens.

"Bring it honey." I say, jokingly.

"Gary did you get them up?" I hear Kathy ask.

"Didn't need to. Hadley woke Tyler up before I got here." He answers.

Kathy looks in and laughs. "I see. What do you kids want for lunch I'm packing the cooler now?"

"Anything's fine." I respond, smiling.

"Okay! I'm pissed! Mother! Father! Not that your deserving of those titles....Neither of you care that she," he yells pointing at me. "nearly killed me!"

We laugh. "Oh, stop you would have done it to me if you would have woken up first. Consider it retribution for jumping on the bed yesterday to wake me up." I state, smugly.

"Okay you two, we're already running late. Get up and dressed. Meet us down stairs in the kitchen when your ready." Kathy says, laughing.

I get up to go get dressed and Tyler tackles me to the bed and starts tickling me.

"Tyler! Stop!" I scream, giggling.

"Fine, but now you know what you get for waking me up like that." He says, seriously with a grin on his face.

"I've been properly warned. I'll never do it again." I promise as I walk to the door and into my room.

I go to the closet and get my short light yellow dress and white flip flops. Then go to my bag and get my white bikini. I get dressed and brush my hair putting it up into a high pony tail. I grab my phone and see a missed call from Alex and two text messages from him. I ignore all three and head to the kitchen. I see Tyler at the kitchen island sitting and making sandwiches, so I sit by him to help.

"What can I do?" I ask.

"Here take the bread and put on the mayo and mustard." He directs.

"Do we leave from here? I didn't see a boat." I ask.

We hear the doorbell but keep making sandwiches. "No we go to the pier it's docked there." He answers. "I can't wait to see you reel in your first fish, I bet you freak out."

"I won't freak out." I deny.

"You cried watching 'Finding Nemo' your going to cry when you see a fish on your hook."

Kathy who's packing drinks and other snacks laughs.

"I will not, I'm tougher then I look butthead." I reply, glaring at him.

"Oh, the offense! Did you really just call me butthead?"

"You heard me." I say, smugly.

"I guess it could be wor-.... Well, hello Maddox." Tyler greets.

I look up and my heart is in my throat. Maddox is standing in the entryway to the kitchen. He has his black beanie on again with a black v neck and dark jeans. He's wearing his glasses and he looks scruffy and so damn sexy. I look to the counter, if I look at him any more I'm going to jump him in front of everyone. I turn my head to look at Tyler wondering if he did this. He looks back at me and he puts his hands up like he surrendering.