EIGHT.

Billy wiped his tears quickly before realizing that Adrienne was still hidden in his closet, he quickly bent over lifting the crate away from the closet, prying it open with his two hands, as his chest was heaving for a search of a intoxicating breath, tears milled at the corners of his sad blue eyes avoiding any eye contact with Adrienne.

She stood there frozen in shock unknowing what to do next. It wasn't something Adrienne really hadn't experienced with to be able to comfort him, she was frozen in her trance of watching the fall of Billy Hargrove, understanding why he truly the way he was. His anger issues, his mommy and daddy issues that he seeks in his friends to seek validation, the girls that dropped down to their knees to make him feel loved. She swallowed the hard lump in her throat, in her attempt to calm him down and comfort him in his broken state, she knew what he needed and she wanted to deliver that need to him.

"Are you okay—" Adrienne softly whispered looking up at him attempting to lock eyes with him.

"OBVIOUSLY NOT ADRIENNE." Billy angrily snapped at her with a slight tone of pain in his voice.

"Billy, look just listen to me." Adrienne pleaded, she  attempted to give him a comforting hug. She slowly reached her arms out, to reach for her arms to wrap around his neck but failed when Billy flinched his body away from her touch.

"You need to go Adrienne." Billy mumbled turning his entire body away from Adrienne. She couldn't see it but she knew tears were rolling down his cheeks.

"I'll go, but I need you to listen to me for one second."
Adrienne begged at him as he sucked in his tears to reply to her.

"What do you possibly have to say Adrienne? That you're sorry? Doesn't matter it's not going to change anything." Billy croaked turning his head of curls to the side.

"It's not your fault." Adrienne started before she paused to take a moment to collect her words.

"You don't deserve this. No one does, words can't describe to you that how much I feel sorry for you, and I know you think that "sorry" won't help and that you want your space but believe it or not, as much as I say I can't stand you doesn't mean I'm not here for you and care about you."

Billy watched as she reached for the door hesitantly standing there contemplating if she was actually going to leave or not. Billy wouldn't admit it out loud but he wanted her to stay, even if he did want his space. He somehow felt a great comfort in Adrienne, and it frustrated him as to why he even searched for that in her and god how he wished he was able to just yell at her to stay.

"You know where I live, if you need me or if Max needs me, call me 'kay?" Adrienne glanced over to Billy one more time before letting herself out the house with a sigh forgetting he was her ride in the first place, she began to walk once again, this time grateful that the rain stopped pouring.

She was barley off passed the driveway of the house on Cherry Lane, before Billy bolted out his front door to attempt to stop her, he ran down his porch steps, barefoot and shirtless, grabbing ahold of her hand holting her from walking away before he decided to tell himself fuck it and say what he wanted to say.

"Stay." Billy pleaded avoiding eye contact with her.

"Are you sure? Because Billy I wasn't trying to make you feel bad about me walkin-"

"Stay." He bent down to whisper in her ear, sending chills down Adrienne's spine as she pushed her lips together and nodded following him back inside.

➶➴➷➹

It was already half-passed the time Billy and Adrienne would be out of school, but somehow the two who despised each other with every bone in their bodies, who were always at each others throats, ended up staying a whole day off from school and watched countless of movies.