TWENTY.

*TW: Neil Hargrove* 😞

➶➴➷➹

Billy instantly groaned in agony into his hands the second Adrienne's voice disappeared from the opposite end of his phone.

The sudden feeling of disappointment and hurt flushing into his heart, he hated how he felt so vulnerable and weak all over for what he felt was the girl of his dreams.

Billy Hargrove wasn't the one to partake in any sort of feelings or idea of "love" into anyone, not even into himself, he hated the idea of opening up and being so submissive for anyone and especially the thought of him being gushy, soft, and in love made him sick to his stomach, but what made him feel shittier was the fact that heartbreak felt way much worse then that.

All he could picture was Adrienne, just Adrienne.

Everything he saw, ate, smelled, touched, all he thought about was her and how happy she used to look around him until the happiness faded and split his heart and half when he remembered the broken hearted Adrienne staring at him with dull sad eyes and the emptiness of emotion on her face.

He hated how much seeing her heartbroken over him turned him into a cold hearted mess.

He stopped caring about himself, he stopped caring about his looks, his popularity, his ignorant "friends" who stabbed him deliberately in the back when they saw him happy.

He stopped caring because Adrienne was the one who made him care about himself, and without her he had nothing to lose, except for her.

He desperately wanted to prove to her how much he loved her.

Desperately wanting to run to her and beg for her to love him again, to care for him, to laugh and smile with him, in their "fake relationship."

But he knew she needed and deserved her space away from him, and he needed his space from her, knowing they would both crash and burn at the sight of each other right now.

Tossing his phone that continued to collect dust on his bedside table of his small room to the floor, allowing to express his emotions out of anger, allowing him to continue to sit and mope over the consequences of his actions.

"What are you doing throwing shit in MY house Billy!" The scowling voice of Neil Hargrove screeched and boomed into the echo of his room, avoiding his fathers piercing eyes he remained silent, manspreading his legs and clenching his fists to his head, propping his elbows on his thighs.

"I'm talking to you! Look at me when I speak to you. What are you doing throwing shit in my house."

Somehow, Billy found his fathers grip on his wrist, removing Billy from the position he was once into now attempting to remove his fathers strong fully sharp grip from him.

"I don't have to tell you shit, just leave me alone." Billy confidently seethed through his teeth, tightening and clenching his jaw at his father, tossing more fuel into the fire.

And with that, Billy winced in pain the second his fathers fist collided towards his cheek, he felt the wet liquid what he knew was blood escape down onto his cheek, tears he so desperately wanted to release brimming and glistening in his beautiful blue eyes.

"You don't talk to me like that. Ever. You got that? I don't know what gave you the idea to be so big and bold to speak to me like that. You. Respect. Me."

Billy quivered and shook with fear, avoiding his fathers gaze and the stinging sensation that flourished on his cheek, until eventually he snapped.

"I don't owe you shit, I don't own anyone shit, the only person I owe shit too is Adrienne. SHE is the only one that deserves my respect. SHE is the only one I'll ever fucking listen to, not you, not Susan, and not even my own goddamn Mother who left me with a "dad" like you." Billy snapped at his father, his fists balled into his rage, knuckles white, jaw and teeth clenching.