TWENTY-TWO.

For those that don't know my bestie is the one who owns "Y/N Carver" in her Eddie fic just our timelines are different but still including each others characters together <3
I love you mi amor etherealbeguile

➶➴➷➹

Billy knew he fucked up.

He knew it before Adrienne had to rub it in his face...TWICE now, he hated how right she was. Having had the chance to change into a better person to say the least, he was Billy Hargrove after all not a goddamn miracle. He hated how badly and how out of proportion this has all gotten, he wanted to change, he wanted to show how sorry he was to her, he wanted to be better, to TRY for Adrienne. But he also knew he couldn't just rush into doing so, they both needed space no matter how hard it was really going to be, time was a factor in all of this of course and Billy knew it, so did Adrienne.

Time was going to be their biggest obstacle to push through even if they weren't even technically really together from the start of their catastrophic "relationship" and they were honestly fine with it.

Billy after his disaster of a school day took the longest drive he could, somehow ending up at the tallest hill at Weathertop between Starcourt Mall and Brim's Steelworks watching how quickly the sun was setting, all Billy wanted to do was drive over to the other side of Hawkins to go and apologize to Adrienne but he couldn't, not yet anyway and it frustrated him that she couldn't know how sorry he was for dragging her into his messes.

Disregarding any remorse for time, Billy sat there on the hood of his Camaro contemplating on his exhausting life, his arrogant friends, his abusive father and "fatherly" duties in watching a sister that wasn't even really his sister.

He was exhausted of this fake persona he played everyday the second he woke up. He wanted change, he wanted to feel happy and content with his life and that was the headspace not only Billy was in, but also Adrienne.

➶➴➷➹

Adrienne tapped the pencil in her hand rhythmically to the music of "What Difference Does It Make?" by The Smiths against her notebook as the motivation and concentration of doing her homework disappeared from her que, sighing as she shut her notebook shut to the sound of her bedside phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"She dumped me." Eddie said in a horse tone, his voice exhausted from excessive amount of crying, Adrienne of all people could tell.

"What--What do you mean she dumped you?"

"Y/N Carver Adrienne, she...she dumped me."

"Obviously I know who you're talking about Eddie, what happened?"

"She said she couldn't do it, said she lost everything ever since people found out about her and I...I didn't defend her in front of the guys and I said I wasn't her boyfriend when I should've and I'm so fucking stupid."

"I'm gonna level with you and say not defending her is stupid, but really she cares more about stupid popularity rather then..." Adrienne sighed reflecting on her own social and romantic problems "Look, Eddie I will try...TRY to talk to her for you, but I'm not promising you I'm going to be nice about it either, cause that's just a stupid reason to break up with someone." Adrienne scoffed into the phone making Eddie lightly chuckle.

"But the fact you practically dragged her way down the social cue with you and couldn't even claim to be her boyfriend is the shitty part that YOU need to fix, not her. You love the girl Eddie you're oblivious to see it but why deny it and make it worse on you and for her."