SIXTEEN.

"Can we finally talk now?" Johnathan pleaded at Adrienne as she groaned pinching the bridge of her nose, Billy uncomfortably leaning on his locker, hands stuffed in his brown leather jacket.

"Billy tell my brother I'm not speaking to him." Adrienne ignored her brother, forcefully smiling up at him. Billy raising his eyebrows high looking at her with a "Really?" expression at her as she continued to smile at him.

Billy extended his hand out to Johnathan a gesture to shake his hand, Johnathan confused but shaking his hand regardless.

"Billy Hargrove, dating your sister, and now her messenger to tell you that she doesn't want to talk to you." Billy sighed shaking his head in annoyance.

"Seriously Adrienne?" Johnathan groaned crossing his arms.

"Billy tell my brother I am dead serious."

"Okay, I'm not doing this, Adrienne, Sweetheart, talk to your brother and both of you figure out how to be civil."

Adrienne whined at his words, looking at her twin with irritation rising in her blood before giving in, as much as she didn't want to deal with everything that was going on with today, she eventually HAD to speak to Johnathan sooner or later. She also couldn't just depend on Billy to save her from her problems when she didn't want to deal with them.

"10 minutes, let's go." Adrienne huffed walking away from both boys strutting her way towards the school parking lot. Johnathan giving Billy a nod in return as a "Thank You."

Adrienne propped herself to sit on the car that belonged to Johnathan, crossing her arms to warm herself at the nipping November air.

"No interruptions." Johnathan sighed raising his brows at Adrienne who nodded lightly avoiding his eyes.

"Look Adri, I'm sorry for making you feel like I stabbed you in the back and making you feel like Nancy will always win instead of you, but, Adrienne you're MY sister, my twin sister, no matter what happens I'll always be on your side and support you but I also expect you to do the same for me."

Adrienne opened her mouth to speak, anger and hurt seeping through her bloodstream, a defense mechanism to prevent her guard to be broken, there was so much she could say, could say, but Johnathan deserved to be heard, so she simply shut her mouth and continued to listen.

"I like Nancy, like, I like-like her, the same way you feel about Billy, I feel for Nancy."

Adrienne almost immediately whipped her head to look at him, almost as if he was crazy to say that to her.

"I don't like-like Billy." Adrienne mumbled tucking a piece of her dirty blonde hair behind her ear.

"Yeah, tell that to the hearts that shine in your eyes when you look at him." Johnathan snickered with a small smirk curling at his lips. "The point is, I just want you to be okay with it Adrienne, but if you aren't then I'll break it off, because like I said, you're my sister.

Adrienne hated the fact that he was right. Regardless of any negative feelings and opinions of Nancy that skimmed through her mind, she couldn't prevent her brother from being happy, all memories she had of Johnathan always being there, flooded her vision.

Johnathan was there for Adrienne since the moment they had any sorta of consciousness of the world.

When their mother and father were happy.