SEVENTEEN.

Billy did his best in avoiding Tommy and every other person who strung along behind him, he kept this up until Friday night, but even then Adrienne began to question his sudden change of behavior wanting to stay away from Tommy of all people, but the only thing Billy couldn't do is prevent his and Adrienne's appearance at Carol's party.

"Are you sure you wanna go to this? I rather honestly just go watch a movie and grab something to eat." Billy nervously suggested, tightening his grip on the steering wheel.

"Carol's been begging for us all week to go, we can just go and show our faces and do what you want, kay?" Adrienne sighed glancing over to him as he simply nodded at her. "Kinda sounds like you're asking me out on a date there Hargrove, did you forget I'm your fake girlfriend already and fell madly in love with me?" Adrienne teased, in a hopeful way he agreed with her in the slightest.

"You've been nice to me Byers, seems like you're the one who forgot I'm the fake boyfriend." Billy retaliated at her making her roll her eyes and swat his arm playfully.

"Shut up Billy."

Billy kissed his teeth as he parked a little down the street of Carol's house, sitting in silence as he glanced over to Adrienne who was merely focusing on the amount of people who did show up to Carol's. Her features of the street lights that illuminated into the car window, made them extremely noticeable making Billy study her and focus on strictly her.

Adrienne fixed herself in the sun visor, reapplying clear shiny sticky gloss that shimmered every-time she smiled, running her fingers through her curled dirty blonde waves she had done specifically for this party.

In fact, she got dolled up just for the fun of it, wearing tight skinny dark blue jeans due to the fact it was the beginning of winter, so a dress wouldn't have made the cut. Pairing it with a long slightly cropped brown colored long sleeve that showed some midriff with a jean jacket of choice that captured the warmth of her body with tanned sherpa inside and her shoes were her trusty Club C reeboks.

Billy on the other hand, who puts the same amount of effort as Adrienne with his outfits and looks couldn't have been bothered to even try, not especially for a party he didn't want to be at. He simply just threw on his trusty burgundy polo that draped open at his chest, and his trusty brown leather jacket, blue jeans, and biker boots.

"C'mon "boyfriend" of mine, let's go show our faces to the whole damn school once again." Adrienne smiled at him softly as she opened the car door, springing out Billy immediately following her and holding her close to him, closer then he usually did and more cautiously.

From the front lawn, to the porch, to the inside and backyard of Carol's house, filled with nothing but adolescent teenagers, the intoxicating scent of cigarette, liquor, and weed lingered in the air the haze of the smoke filled the yet thin but addicting air. You can see everyone at this party was clearly not sober but that doesn't stop a good time right?

"Adri! Billy! You guys made it." Carol exclaimed from the distance of the kitchen, pushing her way through the crowds of drunk dancing teens, once reaching them both she wrapped her arms almost immediately around them both.

"You begged us to come, it would be rude to not show up Carol." Adrienne giggled.

"C'mon let me get you guys both some drinks." Carol slurred, Adrienne and Billy can both tell she wasn't sober, but in a sense not drunk, strictly just buzzed and wanted them both to enjoy themselves.

"I'm good Carol, someone has to be DD tonight." Billy chuckled at her, Carol leading them both to the kitchen.

"Uhhh, what happened to Billy Hargrove and can we have him back please." Carol teased at him as she poured tremendous amounts of different types of liquor and alcohol into two solo red cups, handing them both to Billy and Adrienne.