THIRTY.

Adrienne sighed while she jumped out the passenger seat of Eddie's van, giving him a wave goodbye and a quick thank you for driving her to her first day of work slash lifeguard training.

The beaming sun rays shining it's heat through the material of Adrienne's shorts and halter top covering her lifeguard uniform, walking hesitantly towards the employee room.

Entering it confidently to see familiar faces Adrienne attended school with smiling and greeting her. One in particular was Heather Halloway.

"So no one was gonna tell us that thee Adrienne Byers is one of the new lifeguards?" Heather announced making Adrienne smirk at her before one of the managers Adrienne had spoken with, cleared his throat.

"Alright ladies and gents, you already know who's late, who's on duty, and what to do, so I suggest you all get to it. Oh, and this is Adrienne one of the new lifeguards I hired." The manager—Ryan demanded making all the other lifeguards nod and sigh, sending waves to Adrienne. "Adrienne, you're partner for today's running late , which he tends to be so just go ahead and wait out at the pool, I'll introduce you to him when he gets here."

"Yes sir Ryan sir." Adrienne smirked at him considering the fact he was only 3 years older then her and all the other lifeguards, and the fact they had went to highschool together for a short amount of time.

"Relax Byers I'm still your boss." Ryan gave her a small smile before dismissing himself off into his office.

Adrienne took the liberty of going to the locker rooms, in search of hers with her name on it to disregard her cover up clothes, slipping out of them and remaining only in her brightly red lifeguard uniform. Glancing at the mirror alone in the locker rooms, rubbing her palms against the outlines of her slight curve of her figure.

With a final toss of her fingers tossing the fronts of her layered brightly blonde waves. Adrienne shut her locker closed shut then made her way out to the public, confidently cat-walking through the pairs of eyes of pubescent teens, teenagers, young adults who whistled to cat call her making her laugh to herself, also feelings the glares of older moms who were out of their prime.

And it helped even more that Bon Jovi's "You Give Love A Bad Name" was blaring from some kid's stereo so it really feel like she was the moment.

Reaching the pool, Adrienne stepped her freshly painted red toenails into the cooling water, in hopes to relax before having to deal with her trainer who was running late.

➶➴➷➹

"Because of you I'm running late for work shitbird." Billy spat at Max as he quickly swung into a parking spot of Hawkins Community Pool.

"Please it's not like you're gonna do anything all you do is sit on a chair all day." Max poked at him as she slammed his car door shut and walked in front as Billy followed behind her, quickly rushing  to punch in and change into his lifeguard trunks.

"You're late on the day you're supposed to be training hurry up." Ryan sighed holding open the locker room door for Billy to give him a sarcastic smile then dropping it as Ryan went over what to cover with him.

"And who you're training is..." Ryan directed to him to look over at the pool, Billy confused until the goddess figure of Adrienne emerged from under the chlorine filled pools, gawking and drooling at her in what felt like slow motion of Adrienne fixing her blonde wet hair.

"Adrienne." Ryan  gave Billy a quick smirk before patting his back before quickly walking over towards Adrienne who was drying her hair.

Fuck.