7

Xiomara shifted in her seat, glancing around at her opulent surroundings. The Romanoffs had opted to invite her to Rey's an upscale steakhouse, insisting she leave her wallet at home.

She had it in her purse.

She was sandwiched between the two men. She'd begun noticing that Lev looked slightly more built, but he had a sly strength, all sinews, making him look deceptively thin for his strength.

"Hm...green beans or mashed potatoes," Lev wondered aloud.

"You don't like green beans," Mikhail rolled his eyes.

"Yes, but what if I like them here?"

"You say that every time, and then you don't like them, and we have to send them back. Just get the mashed potatoes." Mikhail lectured him.

Xiomara hid a giggle behind her mouth. They really were an old married couple, it was adorable. And maybe she should've felt a little more of a sting from her boyfriend doting over someone else, but she didn't.

Lev murmured something in Russian, to which Mikhail gave him a stare that Xiomara understood was a warning.

"I think I'll get the filet mignon," She said, wanting to break up the tense atmosphere.

Lev smiled at her. "An excellent choice. Have some wine. They have a dry red that's superb,"

And in his rough accent, Lev's words sounded like poetry. Xiomara raised her menu as her face heated. "Thank you."

Mikhail glanced between the two, before pointedly looking at Lev, dragging his gaze to Xiomara, silently telling him to engage her more,

Lev's brow furrowed, as he gave a small shrug, silently stating he was engaging, and what more could he possibly want?

Mikhail rolled his eyes, his shoulders sagging as he shook his head, nodding toward her once more.

"So," Lev cleared his throat. "Xiomara. Tell me about yourself."

"It seems more like you for you to tell me about myself," Xiomara joked, putting down her menu. "Learned anything new about me yet?"

Lev smirked. "You like my readings now?"

"I think they're interesting. You have an elementary, Psych 101 understanding of psychology that you probably picked up from one course of a college class you didn't finish before you decided to turn to a life of crime. But...it's cute to see you try."

Mikhail held his breath, as Lev narrowed his eyes. Challenging Lev went one of two ways: he found it disrespectful and would start acting out. Or he found it amusing.

Lev's frown turned into a wide grin. "Oh, I like her." He nodded.

Xiomara grinned back, as Mikhail squeezed her thigh under the table. Mikhail had coached her on how to handle Lev. She'd passed the test.

Lev chuckled, looking at his menu. "Psych 101," he murmured, amused, chuckling again, almost gleefully.

Xiomara was confused. Lev didn't seem like the kind to criticism or even jokes at his expense well. And yet, he seemed thoroughly amused, repeating part of the read to himself, as if he were hearing it for the first time.

"Xiomara," Lev said finally having laughed himself out. "What do you do?"

"I'm an accountant," She said simply. "I work with numbers. They don't lie."

"And everyone else does," Lev finished in succinct agreement with a nod.

Xiomara chuckled. "Exactly."

Mikhail grinned. His two favorite people getting along it was all he wanted. And yet, he worried they may get along too well.

"There's a movie playing after this, I wondered if you all would want to see it."

"Dinner and a movie," Lev scoffed. "Very romance of you Mikhail. When are you going to fuc---"

Lev glanced up to find two intense glares. "Dinner and a movie sound...great." He smiled tightly.

Xiomara shook her head. "Lev, you pig?"

"Yes, Xiomara?" Lev smirked.

"Have you no shame?"

"Is it that obvious?" He shot back.

Xiomara chuckled, leaning her head on Mikhail's shoulder. "What movie did you have in mind?

"Lev only likes romance and you only like action, so I thought...combination of the two?"

Lev's ears reddened. "I don't only like romance, you're exaggerating."

"What do you want to do?" Xiomara asked Mikhail gently.

Mikhail smirked, leaning forward and pressing his lips against Xiomara's softly.

Lev watched the two in quiet fascination for a moment. They did make a good couple.

Lev cleared his throat after a few moments, raising his brow in expectation. Mikhail smiled, leaning over, and kissing Lev as well.

Lev grinned, licking his lips, reaching out, putting his palm on her cheek, and pulling her into a deep kiss. Mikhail smirked.

"People are starting to stare," Xiomara murmured against his lips.

"Let them," Lev smirked.

Mikhail raised his brows looking between the two. "Already so friendly, hm?"

"I told you," Lev smirked, raising her chin, and looking deeply into her eyes. "Any girlfriend of yours is a girlfriend of mine. Right, Xiomara?"

Xiomara nodded slowly, almost entranced by his deep, piercing blue eyes. Mikhail rolled his eyes.

"Y-You can just call me Mara," Xiomara stuttered.

"That's not your given name. A given name is important, Xiomara." He murmured.

Xiomara looked away, her face heating. Lev allowed her having achieved his mission. Mikhail grinned at him, as the servers placed their plates in front of them.

Xiomara felt Lev's hand under the table, squeezing her thigh. Mikhail's hand rested on her back, as they are.

"Did she bring her wallet?" Mikhail asked.

Lev nodded. "Oh, without a doubt."

Xiomara chuckled nervously. "Well...you never know. You know circumstances—"

Lev just stared at her, squeezing her thigh once more. "Next time, leave it at home." He said with an edge. "Since you trust us...right?"

Xiomara squirmed. "This is some good food." She said carefully.

Lev smirked, allowing her reprieve, going back to his own meal. Xiomara looked between the two men, before eating her own meal.