16

Mikhail observed as Lev paid the right people, said the right things, and contacted his lawyers to make the unfortunate incidents go away.

Meanwhile, Lev was beginning to notice a trend. Mikhail was being influenced by Xiomara, and he didn't even seem to notice it.

The three stood in the house while the chef cooked breakfast.

"I've submitted to your shitty ultimatum," Lev remarked. "I expect a reward."

"Your reward is that you still have a family to go home to--"

Xiomara touched his shoulder, smiling gently at Lev.

Mikhail glanced back at her expression and cleared his throat.

"What exactly do you want," Mikhail sighed, rubbing his forehead.

Lev narrowed his eyes and decided to experiment this newfound phenomenon.

"Let's do it. Cement this little trio?" Lev said looking directly at Xiomara. She didn't respond, instead smiling and squeezing Mikhail's hand.

He nodded. "Alright."

Lev ventured toward the pair. "She giving you orders now, milaya? Can't think without her?"

"Now Lev," Xiomara whispered, leaving Mikhail's side, coming up to him, brushing his shoulders, smoothing his tie. "Why are you being so hostile to me? Did I do something to upset you? I'm sorry if I did."

What was this 360? She went from countering his every word to acting as if she was scared of him. Keyword, acting.

"What the fuck is your problem, Lev? She's just trying to help, you're the reason we're in this mess!"

Lev narrowed his eyes at her. "When is she going home?"

"She can't," Mikhail frowned. "She was seen with us at that...incident. She's got a target on her back."

Xiomara moved her hands, wringing them in anxiety. "You want me to leave? I understand, I've overstayed my welcome---"

"Lev!"

Lev raised his finger to indicate silence, before pointing to Xiomara. "This is why I don't deal with women. Too...slippery. You. Let's talk. Alone."

Xiomara nodded, but Lev didn't wait for permission dragging her off into the bedroom and locking the door.

She sat on the bed and smiled. "What's wrong?"

"I think you know. Women are monsters when they want to be, worse than men every time. Men are simple creatures. You've taken him over, like some sort of parasitic plant, instructing its host to act against its best interest."

Lev stalked toward the cabinet pulling out two glasses and a decanter of liquor. "What do you want?"

"Is it against his best interest for Mikhail to have an opinion you don't share?" She mused, taking the cup when he handed it to her.

"Of course it is. But he knows that. Or, he did. So what is your end goal? What do you want him to do for you?"

Xiomara smiled. "I just like him. And I like you, but you overpower him. You disregard everything he says. I don't know how long I'll be in this mess you call a relationship, but when I leave, I hope I leave Mikail with a voice."

"While I appreciate the concern, I prefer him silent, with my dick in his mouth. So fuck off sweetheart."

Xiomara swallowed. "Then tell me to leave."

Lev scoffed. They both knew he couldn't do that. Mikhail would raise hell. He smirked. He liked her more and more. So many petals to this little flower.

"Stop being so rude to him, if you love him. Try speaking...softer." Xiomara shrugged. "And listen to him, or you'll lose him. Whether I'm here or not."

Xiomara opened the door, and Lev's smirk got wider. "How you can say these things when you plan to leave him?" Lev said loudly.

Her eyes narrowed. Mikhail went pale. "What? Xiomara, what is he saying?"

Xiomara shook her head. "He's just trying to rile you up--"

"She just told me she's a temporary fixture. Would make more sense. She's only been here what? A month? Two? "

Mikhail looked between the two. "You two can play your mind games, but leave me out of it. I'm not your pawn."

He stalked away.

Xiomara sighed. "Now look what you've done. He's never mad at me. Such a cute face turned up in anger."

Lev shrugged. "You shouldn't have tried to manipulate anyone in this house. That's my job. Anyway, I'm fucking you both anyway. He'll forget all about this, after that."