46

Mikhail smoked out of the open window of a guest room, staring at the pill bottle Father Henry had given him. There were only two left. He swallowed roughly, eyeing it. He'd have to get more.

Of course. It was inevitable wasn't it?

"You okay?" Xiomara asked softly, peaking into the room. He stubbed out his cigar and looked back at her with a small smile.

"Perfectly. You shouldn't linger here still smoke in the room."

She shrugged, setting a bottle next to his. He glanced at it. The same tint. A different name. He scoffed.

"I'm sorry for leaving."
"It's okay."

Xiomara shifted, and sat next to him. "It feels meaningless doesn't it?"

Mikhail raised his brow in question.

"The pills. When I was 10 I was so sad I thought I couldn't go on. Everything hurt. And I asked them to do surgery. Cut the sadness out."

Mikhail just stared out at the backyard.

"Well...they sat me down and they said...it's an imbalance. It's chemicals the way you were made and you can't cut it out. All you can do is medicate it."

She swallowed. "And I was so filled with despair. Because that meant I had to live with it forever. It was my brain: it was world."

Mikhail shifted his eyes burning.

"I'm turning 32 soon. My mother died at 32. Killed herself—couldn't take it. She tried to take me with her. I wish I hadn't fought so hard. The view is better from on top I think—"

"Don't say that," he whispered. "We're happy."

She pursed her lips, and they looked at once another looking very unhappy, before looking straight ahead.

"When your brain is wrong it's like you live life underground. You know there's sunshine, but you can't feel it. You know there's other people, but they can't hear you. You know the world is wide, but you can't get there. You know...happiness exists but you can't have it."

"Being depressed is like living a hole. I don't want to live in this hole anymore. But I can't dig myself out." She shook before smiling.

Mikhail glanced at her, wondering why she was smiling.

"We're happy," he tried again, this time weaker.

She nodded. "I think so too. Together. As happy as we can be. Maybe that's why there needs to be three of us. It's half of you and half and me and together...maybe we make a whole person."

He scoffed. "Like Lev's whole. I'm just tired. Tired of pills. And trying. My mind is hostage...I just want to it to be easy. Can't it be easy, Xiomara?"

She shrugged. "Never was for me. But it's easier together. You think?"

He nodded. "Easier than before. It's all people like us can ask for isn't it?" He mused.

Xiomara chuckled sadly, as he put his arms around her.

"You know what...I was just dreaming of running into you two," Lev called from the door leaning against the frame, his arms crossed.

"Were you now?" Mikhail mused, a crooked smile on his face. Lev nodded.

"What a coincidence," Xiomara chimed in. Lev smiled.

"If it isn't my favorite three people in one room." He came between the two kissing Xiomara and then Mikhail.

"You know...since I'm with child and all—"

"With child," Lev scoffed, touching her nose with a lighthearted curse in Russian. "Look at this one, talking like someone's mother already."

Xiomara giggled. "Anyway," she pushed Lev. "You two should put on a little show for me."

Lev raised his brow and shrugged. "Mikhail you can't deny the mother of our child—"

"You piece of shit you came here just to fuck me—"

Lev smashed his lips against Mikhail's. "Shhh...you're upsetting the baby."

Mikhail rolled his eyes good naturedly, fisting Lev's golden locks, forcing his face closer, their lips clashing passionately.

Xiomara kicked her feet resting on the bed with a grin. "Oh take your shirts off."

"Okay this is not magic mike, we are not taking requests," Mikhail glared at her softly.

She smirked, as Lev pulled his shirt off.

"I am," Lev grinned. "Show me a 20 and I'll lose the pants."

"I gained 20 pounds and that'll have to count." She grinned.

"You heard her," Lev murmured, unbuttoning Mikhail's pants.

Mikhail's lips twitched up into a grin. "Don't use Xiomara against me. You know I can't resist that face."

Lev glanced back at Xiomara her face between her hands her little feet kicking. He grinned. "Who could?"

Mikhail rolled his eyes, pulling Lev's dick out of his pants.

"He's pulling his cock out!" Xiomara shouted.

Lev chuckled, resting his forehead on Mikhail's shoulder succumbing to fight of giggles. Mikhail pursed his lips before letting it take him too.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'll be serious," she smirked. "I'm ready."

Mikhail heaved a sigh. "What am I going to do with you two?"

"Love us," Lev grinned.
Mikhail smiled and kissed his cheek. "If you insist."

Lev pulled his hand down. "Now back to the topic at hand—"

"You dog," Mikhail smirked.

• • •

Next chap will be up on Patreon!