29

"And a little red one..." Father Henry pushed another medicine bottle across the pew, adding to the cocktail. "Should keep the demons away.

"Are you also a doctor?" Xiomara asked, picking up one of the pill bottles. It had no label.

"I'm a priest which makes me like a doctor of God."

"No...it really doesn't," Xiomara frowned.

Father Henry pointed at her, his eyes on Lev. "I don't like her. Lotta questions this lass."

"You're sure this'll help," Mikhail held it up to the light. "You're not giving me low quality goods are you? Because I am not in the mood for that."

"When have I ever," Father Henry asked offended.

Lev narrowed. "Would you like me to list them in chronological order?"

Father Henry waved his hand. "Hey, I did confession for that, you can't harass me about things I confessed for. God forgave me."

"Yes, but we didn't," Mikhail narrowed his eyes.

Father Henry shrugged. "Touché."

Xiomara sat next to Lev as the Father and Mikhail chatted. She leaned in and whispered her concerns.

"What's going on? What is this place?"

"The Father is an old friend of ours. He's been the drug business as long as we have but he deals more with prescriptions. He's..."

Father Henry took a large sip of his flask.

"A unique ally. And our personal doctor."

"But...he's not a doctor."

Lev shrugged. "He's never steered us wrong before."

"So...what's he giving Mikhail?"

Lev shifted. "Mikhail gets irate and unstable when his sleep is disrupted for long periods of time. He takes sleeping medication to combat it. Sometimes it stops working..."

Mikhail's eye twitched. "Will you stop fucking drinking while you're counting my medication."

"That's a no, sorry," Father Henry muttered, starting over.

"You're not sorry," Mikhail growled.

"At last you've said something I can agree with," He smirked.

Lev stood and Xiomara followed him. "After he gets proper sleep...he should go back to normal. It's...close to when we lost Katya. He usually needs an upper around this time."

"What about you?" Xiomara whispered.

Lev swallowed roughly but said nothing. "We done here, Father?"

He pulled out a wad of cash, handing it to him. "Our contribution to the church."

Henry nodded, standing. "Well...if there's no other business. God's blessing, my children."

Lev ushered Mikhail and Xiomara away. Xiomara glanced back as they cleared the eerily church. Father Henry stared back at her, the greens of the stained glass seeming to blend with the green of his eyes. He was gorgeous.

He was...inhuman. He smiled and waved, crossed himself. Her eyes strayed down to his leg. His robe shifted slightly. Something glinted in the darkness...something metal.

Lev turned her head forcefully. "That is a question we do not ask," he murmured.

Everyone in The Romanoffs' orbit was twisted and odd. She was submerged in world of monsters. Everyone was insane, with a some trepidation backstory some dark seedy underbelly. But that's what made them so interesting.