17

Lev awoke feeling a presence. Mikhail had made up his mind. His eyes fluttered open, the silence unsettling. Mikhail sat in the chair across the room, looking out in the room.

"They're coming to pick you up. Packed you a bag. Some contacts on the inside. Arranged your favorite fuckbuddy in the cell. Jean. He misses you."

Lev raised his eyes, suiting up, his scarred chest coming into view as the sheet fell, pooling around his waist.

"Clothes on the bed. Put them on quick."

Lev did so silently, his eyes on the man he loved. "You're letting me go? What happened to me being the only Romanoff left?"

Mikhail shook his head and scoff. "I know you," he switched to Russian, lighting his cigar. It was the only light in the room. "I have to eat you as are, even if you give me indigestion."

Lev pulled up his pants.

"Do your time, Lev. Have fun." Mikhail murmured. "I'm tired of forcing you to be something you don't want to."

Lev narrowed his eyes. "So you're leaving me?"

Mikhail stood, crossing the room, his steps silent, his eyes hooded in quiet acceptance. Mikhail cupped his cheek. "No. You're leaving. Do what you need to. Come home to me. To us."

Mikhail leaned forward, connecting their lips in tender kiss, pulling back, taking a drag of his cigar, blowing it out in Lev's face. Lev smirked, his eyes widening. Sirens erupted in the distance, coming closer, the blue and red lights flooding the house, bathing the two in theatrical light.

Mikhail smirked back. "Give 'em, Hell. Come home, give us heaven. Deal?"

Lev nodded, kissing him deeply, plucking the cigar from his fingers inhaling deeply, shaking his limbs out.

"Where's Xiomara?" Lev asked. "I want to kiss her before I go."

Mikhail nodded to the bed. Xiomara slept soundly.

"Hey just do me a favor. Just one more," Lev said.

Mikhail shrugged, watching him sit by her side, and kiss her forehead.

"Don't get her pregnant before I get back." Lev smirked.

Mikhail chuckled. "Depends on when you get back. Lev?"

The door shattered loudly.

They glanced up.

"I just...want you to stay you. You know how you can get?"

Lev's eyes widened, the door was forced open.

"You asked me, when a man becomes a monster. Usually, I'm the one who tells you when you're about to cross that line. You have to do that. Stay a man." Mikhail smiled softly.

He was forced to his knees, cuffs tightening around his wrists.

Lev let himself be dragged away. Xiomara woke up, her eyes filling with tears in sheer confusion from the noise the lights.

Something dropped in Lev's stomach, and all at once, he realized he couldn't do it again. This would have to be the last time. Mikhail held Xiomara, his eyes on Lev's giving him a nod of approval.

"Lev, where are you going! I thought—I thought we had an agreement!" Xiomara shouted.

Lev's gaze softened. "Close your eyes. Forgive me."

The pair faded from view, and though this was all he he'd wanted for so long, all he'd yearned for for years, the anticipation exploded into a type of regret.

"Forgive me!" He shouted, stumbling away behind the hurried steps of the team escorting him away.

Mikhail rubbed Xiomara's back. She hid her face in Mikhail's chest.

"I don't understand," she whispered. "I don't understand."

"I do," Mikhail whispered. Lev's shoulder's slacked in relief.

"Wait for me?" He shouted. Mikhail followed him, Xiomara in his arms, ignoring the swat team. "I will."

Lev closed his eyes, being forced into the swat van, catching one more glimpse of Mikhail, and Xiomara on their front porch, the door destroyed behind them.

He could never do it again. He knew it right then. It was the last time he could leave them voluntarily. He had a family. He'd always had a family with Mikhail, he knew that, but...something seemed different. Complete.

His home got further and further away, until he couldn't see it anymore.

"I hear you wanted this," the SWAT officer said next to him.

Lev nodded. "I did. It's all I wanted."

The office frowned. "You some sort of deviant?"

Lev's eyes could not be torn from the road as they traveled further and further away from his home.

"You could say that," he murmured.
"That your brother and his wife?"

Len chuckled and shook his head. "My family."

"Well...I hope you said goodbye. Because you're gonna be going away for a long time."

Lev leaned against the door and sighed. "Didn't get to fuck 'em before I left. Any of you boys wanna give me a quick blow?" He smirked.

"You'll have plenty of that on the inside," the officer smirked.

Lev just sighed. "I thought pigs ate anything," he mused.

A rough backhand stung his cheek. He smiled softly, his face radiating a soft, warmth. He installed deploy, opening his eyes to check the officers badge. "Stachino?" He asked.

"What of it trash?"
"You gotta wife?"
"Yeah," Stachino sneered.

The van jolted him toward Stachino. Lev leaned in, whispering in his ear. "When I get out, I'm gonna track you down. I'm gonna fuck your wife so good she'll never look at you the same. Maybe leave her with a little bastard you can always look at, and wonder if it's mine."

Lev chuckled, smiling widely, as the other officers forcefully held him back.

"Mrs. Stachino," he purred, giving one more glance to the road where the man had laid his head.

And then he looked ahead, to where the monster lay in wait.

This would be his last hurrah. His finally lap. Then he would finally settle down.

"Little tip," he said with a small smile. "Blonde hair is a recessive gene. And I don't think Mrs. Stachino is a blonde. You take care of my boy, Stachino."

He smirked, pressing his cheek against the cool glass as a fight broke out in the back the van, the offices trying to keep Stachino at bay.

It was just too easy. He smiled. But still so fun.