8

After an eventful evening, the three lounged in the living room, Mikhail and Lev smoking cigars and Xiomara watching them in a mix of intrigue and disgust. 

"Work is calling," Lev informed Mikhail, offering him the phone.

"Why is Mikhail the only one who works," Xiomara asked curiously.

Lev smirked. "He's not. I work behind the scenes, Mikhail works with people. I get...irate when dealing with ignorance. It's better this way,"

Xiomara smirked. "You mean you have a temper."

"I mean I have a gun. And I'm far more liberal with it than Mikhail is. He claims I'm a violent manic,"

"You are," Mikhail rolled his eyes, dropping a kiss on each of their foreheads.

"He insists on handling the...customer service himself. I think I have a friendly face, what do you think, Xiomara?"

Xiomara leaned over, cupping his chin, making a show of examining him closely. "Friendly face, sure. It's the vicious spirit that's tripping you up," She grinned.

Lev smirked. "You praise me too much," He rasped, leaning forward, their lips barely touching. "It'll be good for us to get...acquainted," His large hand slipped up the back of her thighs, pushing up the back of her dress.

"Don't have too much fun." Mikhail frowned, as he pocketed the work phone into his suit pocket.

Lev pulled Xiomara's hand roughly, making her fall in his lap.

"Now, now Mikhail," Lev smirked, forcing her chin up, her eyes catching Mikhail's. "Don't you trust me?"

"Not even a little bit," Mikhail shot back instantly, opening the door.

"Aw, hurtful. Hurry. The docks are waiting." Lev murmured, his hands beginning to roam. "You're an adventurous woman aren't you?"

Xiomara shivered. "I don't know. It depends on the adventure."

Lev smirked.

"Be good," Mikhail shouted, the warning seeming general.

"He must've meant that for you, little one. He knows I'm never good," Lev murmured. "So it's just us."

Xiomara shivered. Though Lev seemed calm, looking at her with a rather even expression, the startlingly large bulge under her begged to differ.

She shifted in the man's lap, feeling the bulge under her twitch. Twitch. Holy shit.

Xiomara looked up into those piercing blue eyes. "So..."

He raised her brow. his fingers delicately raising her shirt. "You're so...covered. You're young, aren't you? Why the full coverage?"

There was one thing anyone who knew Xiomara knew about her, and it was that she was not often quiet. She had a word for everything, even with Mikhail, who, it seemed, found her witticisms endearing. Lev, too found her amusing, the more disrespectful the better.

And yet, her mouth went dry around him. Maybe it was how angelic he looked. He looked like he'd walked off a runway, or heaven one. But the dangerous air about him is what silenced Xiomara the most. 

He was a ticking time bomb. One wrong move in--

"I'm talking to you," He demanded gently. "Answer me."

Xiomara narrowed her eyes at his tone but didn't protest, not within reach, not with Mikhail.

"I just like my outfit," She shrugged.

He hummed. "But your skin is so perfect," His warm hand pressed against the flesh of her belly. "Your body is beautiful. Why not show it off?"

"I just don't want to. What's it to you anyway?"

Lev shrugged. "I just think it a waste. Watch that tone though, da?"

Xiomara said nothing, refusing to acknowledge him. He narrowed his eyes but did not repeat himself.

"You watch your tone with me, and I'll watch my tone with you...da?" She mimicked him.

Lev's eyes narrowed, his face still as if he hadn't decided whether he was upset yet. After a moment he chortled, his hand resting on the nape of her neck.

"If you were not my woman, you would've had to pay for that. But I'll give you a pass. This time."

Xiomara shivered. "You the kind of man who always needs to be in control huh? I hate that kind of man."

"Is it because you wish your father was firm with your mother?" He mused, lifting her shirt. Xiomara looked away.

"Stop with the psychobabble. I don't need it, especially not coming from an actual psycho," She reached for her shirt, but he pulled it out of reach.

"Mh, noted." He cupped her full breasts, making quick work of her bra, and setting it aside. He carefully fondled her, his hands on her breasts. She wondered why he was touching her so clinically as if he were inspecting her.

"What do you think?" She mused, trying to cover her nervousness. "C cup?"

"Hm...D." He nodded. "Definitely."

Xiomara looked between his eyes. "Are you going to let go?"

"Would you like me to?" He asked nonchalantly as if he weren't sure whether he cared.

"I'd like to be asked," Xiomara whispered. "Mikhail asks."

"I take. I demand. I am not Mikhail." He whispered, "He should have told you about this."

Xiomara could only narrow her eyes. It didn't feel bad. His hands were warm and rough, but not in a bad way. He didn't do anything else, except watch her carefully, gauging her reactions.

"He did," She squirmed. 

Lev hummed, kissing her cheek.

"Why aren't you going any further?" Xiomara asked.

"You don't want me to."

"You take, don't you?" She sighed.

"I take. I don't steal. Not from you. Or Mikhail. This much is all you're content to offer me. Am I correct?"

Xiomara nodded. "You're an odd one Lev." She closed her eyes. 

He smiled. "So I've heard." He pulled her shirt back over her head, kissing her gently. 

Xiomara leaned her head on his shoulder. "Is Mikhail okay?"

Lev hummed. "Yes. He is."

"How do you know?" She whispered, snuggling closer to him.

Lev raised his arm, showing her a watch. "This watch is tied to a sensor on Mikhail's body. If his heartbeat goes highwire or...stops. I'll know."

Xiomara put her hands around the watch's face gingerly, watching the strong pulse of Mikhail's heart. She smiles softly.

"Besides...when you've known someone as long as I've known Mikhail. You just know. Your hearts become intertwined."

"Surprisingly romantic thing for you to say."

"I have my moments," Lev smirked. 

The pair sat still, watching Mikhail's heartbeat slow and sure, strong and persistent.

Lev's eyes raised as he watched her, aglow with the soft light of his watch. His lips quirked up.

So maybe she was a little cute. Just a little.