49-Epilogue

Lev and Mikhail watched over Xiomara as she slept peacefully. Mikhail stood over her bedside, leaned over, counting her breaths.

Lev hold their daughter Anastasia. Xiomara shifted.

"Mikhail how could I possibly sleep with you standing over me like a damn killer?" Xiomara sighed.

"Language," Lev admonished, cooing lowly in Russian.

"What if you have a complication and you can't tell us?" Mikhail asked.

Xiomara's brows furrowed. "What the hell?"

"Sorry," Mikhail muttered.

"Language!" Lev demanded, setting his daughter on his shoulder. "You two need to stop cursing. And speak Russian."

Xiomara sighed. "All I want is some sleep. Which means, Mikhail," She thrusted a finger to the seat across from her. "I banish you to that chair."

"But I want to hold you hand," He protested.

"I want sleep," She seethed, "And if I don't get it, you two will suffer."

"What did I do?" Lev asked, holding his baby up to his nose. He'd decided of course, that she was his.

"Language," She echoed mockingly, turning over.

Lev smirked. "Excuse me for not wanting my baby's ears to burn with your profanities."

"Fuck off," Mikhail crossed his arms. "She can barely see or hear right now, she's like a baby mouse."

"That's not even true, did you read any of the parenting tik toks I sent you," Lev demanded. "She can't see very well, but she can hear."

"I don't watch your tik toks," Mikhail murmured.

"Write that down, someone write that down, because we're going to address that later, "Lev glared. "You two are being very defiant and it's not sending a good message to Anastasia."

"Who the hell is Anastasia, we're not naming her after some dead Russian princess," Mikhail protested.

"It's a charming, classic name," Lev intoned.

"I dunno, it's a little...Margret," Xiomara shrugged,

"Sorry?"

"I just mean, like an old timey, kinda obsolete name. Like a baby named Anastasia who's ever heard of that?"

Lev raised his brow. "Like...everyone."

"Okay discounting the dead princess, who else."

"She's missing," Lev shouted. "Fine...Oksana then."

"Okay," Mikhail sighed, "Look at the baby, and tell me she looks like an Oksana."

"Svetlana," Lev tried.

"No," Mikhail shook his head.

"Wait! Levina."

"That is just your name with ina at the end," Xiomara rolled her eyes.

"Alina," Lev said softly.

Mikhail shrugged. "Lina is a cute nickname,"

"I like it," Xiomara chimed in, opening her arms for her baby. Lev placed the small bundle in Xiomara's arms. She smiled softly at her.

"What do you think? Alina?" Xiomara raised Alina's little lips to her ear for a moment before nodding. "She likes it."

"How'd you know," Mikhail whispered in awe, leaning forward.

"I just do. She spent her whole life inside me. We just know each other," Xiomara grinned kissing her head. "I was thinking for a middle name...maybe Katya, would fit."

Mikhail smiled softly and nodded. "Yeah...I think that's nice."

Lev sniffled and turned his back to look at the window, his hands in his pockets. "Its...It's a nice name."

"Are you crying?" Xiomara asked.

Lev narrowed his eyes, "Don't even go there."

Mikhail crossed the room throwing his arm over Lev's shoulder. "It's alright, Lev. They're happy tears."

"I made it!" Father Henry bursts through into the room, lipstick on his cassock. "Oh wow, no one died. I had notepad for your last rites I guess.." he tucked it away into a pocket. "Anyway congrats. What do they have you on Morphine?"

"You can't have any," Xiomara rolled her eyes.

"God doesn't like stingy people," He narrowed his eyes.

"He don't like ugly either, but here you are." She smiled.

"Wow," Father Henry said with no emotion. "Never liked ye."

"Never liked you either," She grinned.

A smile spread on Father's Henry's face. "Glad you're still alive, lass. Want me to bless the little parasite?"

Xiomara shrugged. "May as well."

Father Henry leaned down. "What's his name?"

"She's a girl. And we've settled on Alina. Stick with god this time," Lev demanded.

Father Henry waved his hand dismissively and cocked his head watching the baby intensely. "Well...look how small. Sight like this almost restores yer faith, don't it?"

He smiled. "Alina. I think you have a bright future, full of love. You don't need a blessing from me."

He pulled away. "I will baptize her if you wish. Bring her to the church before she can squirm. My liver's failing a bit so my hand shakes and if she moves, well." He shrugged.

Xiomara rolled her eyes. "Thank you for coming, Henry."

He hummed, and pulled Lev aside, stepping out of the room.

Lev glanced back at the room and frowned. "What?"

Father Henry said nothing for a moment. "She's beautiful."

Lev smiled. "Thanks."

Father Henry looked at her through the glass his smile twitching. If she passes...spare yourself the view. Close your eyes this time, He thought to himself. But he couldn't say that.

"Forgive me," he said instead.

Lev's stomach bottomed out. "Why?"

Henry just smiled shakily. "I um...I stole some pills from the nurse before I came."

Lev shrugged. "Oh. Okay. If you say so,"

Henry turned around straying away. "See ya. Or...maybe I won't. And maybe that would okay too."

"What did you see?" Lev asked.

Henry shook his head. "A glorious future my friend. For all of Gods sheep," He proclaimed, spreading his hands as he walked away.

Lev looked down, and then glanced at Mikhail and Xiomara through the pane of the door. They chattered and cooed over the new arrival.

He smiled. It was fine. Alessandro, and whatever other threat they faced, they would be fine.

They were the Romanoff's after all.

He entered the room. "So we can all agree she's clearly mine, right?"

Mikhail rolled his eyes and grinned. "Do you see blonde you bastard? She's mine."

"Blonde is recessive, it makes perfect sense she not be blonde--"

"Those brother's Romanoff," Xiomara murmured to herself with a sigh, grinning down at her baby.

"Don't worry. They love you," She smiled.