Chapter 15

You're the Reason | Chris Wright (feat. Limbo)
--------------------------
Failure is always imminent,
the kind of girl who stumbles through her life, a village idiot
--------------------------

I couldn't understand what was going on but all I knew was I was looking at jobs on the school laptops. It took me hours to make a resume before searching for jobs. Now that I'm in school, I'm searching for jobs left and right. I can't believe it takes this long.

Right now thankfully, Luna is with Eric because I told her I was busy with school counseling but I'm in computer labs. Yeah, I could lie all I want and no one will believe it's a lie. It sounds like the truth all the time. I hate to lie but I have no choice.

Besides I'm not hungry at all. My stomach feels full and I don't even feel like drinking today. My body didn't really want food or water at all. Neither did I when I think about it. I just wanted to get the pain in my leg to go away.

It's been about a day since I have had this leg pain. It's obviously because of my parents. I hissed just thinking about it. It really bothered me the fact that it really hurts. It's weird when you hurt yourself. It just doesn't hurt as much as the people who you thought would care hurt you.

I remember how I first found out I was adopted. I saw the papers, I couldn't understand them but I asked my teacher but she explained it. I knew the alphabet and it wasn't that hard. I also heard them talking about it when I was five so it wasn't hard to figure out.

It hit me like a truck. Of course, it was fine for a while but eventually, I explained I knew they adopted me. When I was younger I didn't understand why they would hate me but yet take me in. When I was about nine I found out that the reason they took me in was because of money.

To make things easier, these so-called parents get paid by the government to support me because of being an orphan. Although none of that money is being used on me but on their addiction to shopping, alcohol, and of course drugs. Mostly heroin.

I used to get inspections as a kid. Maybe just two times a year. They would come over and ask how everything is going and make sure everything is okay then leave. Sometimes they just did not care. They stopped when I was eleven.

"Hello, Sally."I turn my head to see Mary staring at me then looking around.

I quickly exit the website and went on a random old essay doc while removing one side of my earphones off my ear. "Where are your friends?"

"Hello Mary, I had some stuff to finish so I came here alone,"I explained and she hummed.

"How's it going? Are you doing well? No more detention?"She wiggled her brows.

"I'm doing good. I don't think I'll have detention. How are you?"I said and she smiled.

"Great. I'm glad you're doing well. Nice seeing you again. I'm going to go get my things. You take care okay?"She asked and I hummed.

"Yeah, you too."

She left and I went back to the website and just kept adding myself in over and in random places. I wouldn't assume that she's the worst. Mary was the best person I knew in this school besides Luna. Mather and Eric is an understatement.

I eventually got super tired and logged out. I got up and walked out of the computer lab with my bag then went walking the halls. I fix my earphones into my ear to listen to music.

I guess I was not paying any sort of attention because as I was walking I felt a hand on my shoulder that made me push it away and then turn. I look to see Mathew and sighed annoyed. I did not want to see him today at this moment.

"What's up with you?"Mathew asked and I shook my head.

"Warn me a little before you touch me,"I told him and he chuckled.

"Fine."He mumbles then put his hand behind his hand rubbing it. "Anyways what's up with Eric and Luna."

"What about them?"

"They both were about to fight."He said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Something about food and both just were about to smack each other's heads like they were going to box in the middle of the cafeteria."I shook my head sighing.

"I'm not sure but when I'm not there your responsible,"I told him and he scoffed.

"The fuck. Hell no."He said and I glared at him.

"Yes, you are. Both of them are stupid together. They are like kids in a pod. Just make sure they don't get into a fight so I don't have to deal with any of you all."I said and paused.

I gulped and looked at Mathew who glared. "Deal with us?"

"Never mind, I'm just going to go to class. Just go bother someone else."I said and went walking to class.

I didn't mean to say that at all. His face just irritates me. The fact he even chuckled when I told him to warn me before touching me made me a little bit upset. He really has no boundaries when it comes to personal space. He's everywhere.

"Sally."I hummed annoyed and looked to see Mathew glaring daggers at me.

Now what?

"Where were you during lunch?"He asked me.

"None of your concern. What's the problem?"I asked him and he raised an eyebrow with a glare daggering on me.

"What's the problem? I'm just asking."I snickered and from the corner of my eyes, I saw someone.

Courtney. I saw Courtney and her friends staring at me. I just shook my head and walked away ignoring him. This is not going to end well if this male of a species talks, walks, or follows me. Either way, this dude needs to stop following me and leave.

I really don't want any trouble today at all. I've already had enough of everything and anything. I am tired of the pain people give me so much that my own pain doesn't hurt as much anymore.

I got to class as the bell rang and sat in my seat. Of course, Mathew is in this class including Courtney. I hate this class so much. I just want to sleep and not look at anything again.

I lay my head and felt someone throw something at me. I look to see a paper ball. I open it to see a note. Seriously people pass notes in class still?

'Are you okay? Do you want to cancel tutoring today?'

I look up and see him staring at me. I just shook my head. I wrote on the note and then looked at the teacher who was facing his back towards the class. I threw it to him and he caught it.

'I'm fine. We can tutor for just two hours.'

He read it and then looked at me. He nodded and turned around to pay attention to the teacher. I looked at the teacher to see he was just sprouting stuff I couldn't understand. I just looked down at my desk and pretend to write when I was just staring at it.

What if I do get the job? If I were to hide it and what about tutoring? Why am I even going to tutoring in the first place when I can just not go? I don't even like school and studying as much so why?

Maybe because I'm lonely and I don't have anyone to talk to. Besides, I just hate the existence of my life. I would rather kill myself than do anything but I'm doing everything?

I am so close anyways. I'm close to just getting everything done and giving up at the same time. I do feel as though I know I'm the end I'll be left all alone and no one would seem to care. I know they would after I die to give at least some sympathy.

No one really cares unless you're actually dead.

New chapter: 02/28/23