Chapter 26

Hear Me Now | Aurora Liights Feat Zinnia
---------------------
"Let go sorrow and pain,
stop playing them tricky games,
no weight of the moon to take."
---------------------

I give out my last dish to the front for the waitress to take and went ahead to take a break. I felt an arm around my shoulder to see Jake.

"Don't go outside or else your boyfriend kills me."I stare at him for a moment as he let his arm off my shoulder.

Boyfriend? Who the hell is my boyfriend? The only boyfriend I had was no one. It was a book. Wait, why did he say that and why is this happening?

"JAKE!"I heard Mr.Kim and saw Jake snicker then jogged over there.

I walked out of the kitchen then outside the back door with a sigh. It was cold and since it was raining all day this morning, the floors looked wet. I took a breath and sighed. My shift ends in an hour and every two hours I take a break. Same with the others. It's to help us rather than drain us.

I saw my breath through the air and smiled. I continue to breathe through my nose and out my mouth to get an effect. It wasn't a busy day since the rain ruined the mood during the night since it's a little flooded.

I look to my right and see Courtney with some papers in her arms. I frowned and shook my head. I shouldn't get into her business. Besides, she annoys me and bullied me since I got into that school. She's bothersome. Well, not so much. She hasn't been to school for at least two weeks. Which has been quiet without her lately. She looked worried and I raised an eyebrow.

I scoffed annoyed and sighed. "Being curious does get you into trouble huh."

I started walking to her and she turned her head staring at me. She seemed like she saw a ghost because her face was pale.

"What are you doing here?"I asked annoyed and she held out a piece of paper to me.

I looked at it and saw a kitten. What it was familiar with, is the tag and the fur. It was white with a gold collar. Even the name was the same, it must be it.

"Have you seen a kitten around here? She got lost five days ago and I've been looking for her."I nodded and handed her the paper.

"Yeah, I have her. She walked over here two days ago."She stared at me shocked and smiled.

"Really, thank god. When can I pick her up? I have time right now or we can do it tomorrow."I shook my head and looked at the time.

"I'll call an idiot to bring her, why don't you come inside before you freeze?"I said and she frowned but nodded.

I got her inside the restaurant and let her sit in one of the seating of the table then started calling Mathew.

"Cupcake, this is the first time you have ever--."

"Shut up, bring Jem here. I found the owner."

This guy never shuts up, does he? Seriously tries to act so flirty, it pisses me off.

"Did you go outside?"

Oh, so it was he who told Jake not to go outside. Since when was I his girlfriend, no way in hell. It seems nice to hear me say his girlfriend but I don't like him, nope. He's so going to get slapped hard in the head when he gets here.

"No, I went to the grocery store. Just get to the restaurant and please do not bring Tyler again."

"I'm coming whether you like it or not."

Mathew hung up and I sighed. His annoying brother is coming here and is going to be the bother of me. I stare at Courtney who raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry, would you like anything? Water until the clown gets here."I said and she chuckles.