Chapter 44

your in my head | lotte kestner
------------------------
"Though I can't see it
Put your hands on my chest
I think you can feel it
That beat, oh"
------------------------

After breakfast, Mathew took us both to his room and stood there looking at me. I was lying in bed due to the pain. He kept walking around with his arms crossed thinking too much. I knew he was because of how much his finger would be in his mouth and he would bite his name.

"Listen, I think you should tell my parents."He said and I paused then my eyes widened.

He walked up to me and sat beside me worriedly. "Look, just do it. We can help you. Trust me."

"But...What if I do tell them then what?"I asked him scared for my own life as well as his.

"We can file a report. There has to be some proof right?"I nodded and he smiled at me.

"You'll be fine. Trust me."He said as he took my hands softly to hold them.

I am too scared to do that. I should've never come here in the first place. What if they hurt them? They are crazy addicts for sure. They would harm anyone getting in their way. I mean they are doing it to me. Adopting a kid for some bucks without a job to do. I know my father quit his job and my mother doesn't know that.

Should I even call my then my parents?

What do I do? No one will help me with this situation like that. Reporting it would be too much money and the justice system terrible. They might get at least a year in jail or six months in probation. They might even get bail instead. They aren't dumb. Then they will find me and continue to torture me.

"Sally, calm down,"Mathew said and I shook my head.

"I....I..."I stuttered as I was shaking. "I...C...can...t."

I gasp for air as he lets my hands go. "Sally, breathe for me."

I shook my head as my throat began to close itself and it was hard to breathe. I couldn't speak out. It kept tightening my chest as I heard my heart beating in my ears loudly. Muffling sounds were coming outside as my vision slowly was out of focus on the problem. I wanted to breathe, I wanted to speak but it wouldn't let me. I want to pull my throat out and speak, pull anything out just to breathe.

It was me. I am scared and it's going to kill me. Fear is going to kill me. There is no way of stopping it to know when it will end. I have cried enough to not cry even if I wanted to. I can't scream because of how much fear wouldn't let me do it. It made me want to let it happen.

To die.

Although I didn't notice what was going on. I was in so much pain not realizing I was in someone's arms with my arms around them. I kept feeling a hand behind my back rubbing softly but the one thing I could hear loudly was a beating. A heart that was beating.

For a while, that heart kept beating more louder than my own. The one that was beating too fast in my ears. With one gasp of air in, I was able to breathe again. I looked up and saw Mathew looking at me terrified but mostly tense. He seemed more concerned out of all.

I gulped noticing his eyes were nice looking. We stared for a moment and noticed his lashes were a bit long. I never noticed his eyebrow being one longer than the other. How is his skin so smooth?

"You're going to be okay. My dad is smart, he will get you a good lawyer, and protection and my mom can get some great detectives. Trust me on this."Mathew said as I quickly looked down with my ears feeling like they were on fire.