Chapter 23

What Did You Do | Sagun

-------------------
"You don't have to yell,
Just tell me what's wrong?
And everything will be okay."
-------------------

After I changed in the girl's locker room. I started walking out of the building and get some fresh air. Since I was the last person to leave the bar I was the one who would lock the room last. I locked the door from the front and started walked seeing a bunch of puddles while the lights hit the water. I felt someone pull my arm with a grip and gulp.

Please don't tell me I got caught by a drunk man or a gang. Please don't and I hope to see just a regular man asking for help. I bit my lip and crossed my fingers closing my eyes for a moment then opened them taking a breath.

I turn to see Mathew looking at me and my mouth just widens. What's he doing here? I slapped his shoulder arm playfully since he freaking scared the hell out of me!

"Let's go."I get pulled out of the area and went walking to the calmest area in Hamilton.

The park. For some reason, it is, usually because no one usually comes around here to do stuff except smoke. The alleys are the worst place to be at since there are gangs, rapist and old perverted men.

I felt something right around my hand and see his hands intertwined with mine. I felt something on my cheeks, it was hot. My hands felt comfortable. I felt safe and comfortable. It was nice.

Sally, stop it. Don't think about this right now. It's not the time.

He's honestly so cute, I mean I'm looking at a guy who's just staring at the park with those sparkly eyes. The way he's just holding my hand and not letting go. It makes my heart warm up and brings stomach butterflies. He's also caring yet he's still hurting my hand like he's angry. Obviously, he would, if my kid or someone I know is here I would act the same way.

Well, this is the opposite. I think I need to stop hanging out with Luna. She's affected me too much, but I'm not wrong about this. He looks so cute. God, I'm fangirling, is this what fangirling feels like?

I turn my head and saw a small white kitten walking up to us. I let go of those large amazing hands and went closer to the kitten.

"Are you lost?"I asked as the kitten looked up at me shivering in fear.

"Meow."

That's all the kittens said as I closed my eyes. I mentally facepalm and stare at the kitten again. I'm so stupid this kitten can't even talk! Seriously I really need a brain check.

I heard a chuckle and turn to see Mathew chucking to himself. Why is he chuckling? Is it because...I said it out loud!

"Cupcake, you Okay?"I turn my head back to the kitten and kneeled. I pet the kitten softly with my left hand as it takes my right hand. Still afraid.

"You're really lost,"I mumble and pick the kitten up in my arms. I stare at the little being and felt it shiver while I try holding it to make it feel warm.

"Let's take it with us, it's so cute,"I said as I looked at its blue eyes as it stared at me never looking anywhere else.

"Yeah sure, now come on."I hum in response and follow him.

"Does it have a name?"I mumble and look at its neck.

"Yeah, there's a neckband on it."He said touching the gold necklace. He held it and smiled.

"Jem."

"Jem is that your name?"I asked as she just gave me her original response.

"Meow."