Chapter 48

Alright | Verzache
----------------------
"And I swear, we gon' breathe in all the fresh air, Break your heart, I'ma take it in on repair."
----------------------

Food was something I hated. Right now, the flavors are so sweet and nice. Although I never liked it as much until now. It's a shame what I had thought was bad. For starters, it's going great. Food is good, smells good, looks good, and tastes good.

"Now I want you to write down your food and I want you to taste what the seasoning it has. You can come up with ones you don't know."Mathew said and I hummed.

I listened to music in Mathew's room as he played his video game called Call of Duty. He was cursing at someone at the moment and it seemed strange. All I know is that he was not happy and I didn't want to bother him. The door slammed open and I looked to see Mr.Creed.

"I have an idea!"He said excitedly and ran towards me.

Mr.Creed sat down in front of me and handed me a book. "Why don't you write any foods you like, the foods you try and taste, and maybe figure out what's in it."

"That way you can not only learn about food but also know what foods feed you."He said and I nodded.

Yeah, he just smacked the heck out of the door. At least he gave an idea. He created this book that had sections for each thing. The foods I like have one section and its tab, the new foods, tastes, figuring out the food, type of food, and what ingredients could be in the food.

It was an interesting setup up but since yesterday I have tried and it seemed to help me understand more about food. I was writing down and trying Massaman Curry. It's not spicy but it's good. Mrs.Creed made it. Told me a lot of interesting stories and how her life was. It seemed chaotic.

"Sally, have you met anyone from your adoptive parents besides them?"Mathew asked and I paused.

"No, not really. It was just them and this one old woman that would come by but she was their friend."I said and he hummed.

"Have you met your grandparents?"I asked him.

"Yeah, they are cool I guess. Although my mom's mom is very strict."He said and I hummed.

It was quiet for a while as I finished eating and writing while Mathew was busy eating his fourth sandwich as of now. The man had three eggs, six pancakes, two protein shakes, and something called Kasha. He made me try it but I was more into the toasted toast and cream cheese.

"Are you alright, you sound a bit different today."I nodded.

"Here let's stop writing and drink some of the juice. You can take a break and watch some movies."I hummed as I took a bite before drinking some berry juice.

Mathew took my glass cup and plate to the sink. He turned my body around with my shoulders and then walked me to the couch. I sat down on the couch and pulled the blanket. He turned on the TV and let it play a movie.

Kung Fu Panda.

I paused and looked at him confused. He just shrugged and left to go what I am assuming to clean the plate and glass cup from the sink. I heard the water start as I looked at the Panda.

Tyler came by and smacked himself onto the couch and gave a huge sigh. He looked at me and snickered. He grabbed the blanket I had and pulled it close to himself. What is he doing?

"Where's Dumbo?"He asked me and I raised an eyebrow.

"Mathew."

"He's there,"I said pointing at him at the kitchen cleaning.