3

Giants.

Ajax let go of the girl's hand in shock. A chill running down his spine when the two giants looked straight at him.

They were easily 10-15 feet tall and Ugly with a capital U. They looked vaguely humanoid, except for the snakes they had for feet. There were also identical, save for the different hair colour.

Familiarity seeped through him, chilling him to the bone. He didn't think giants were something you see everyday. Yet, it felt like he's met them before.

About eighty feet to his right, the giant with green hair battled against the blond teenager, sword against spear. It would've been more menacing, especially with his furious expression, if it wasn't for the fact that he insisted on doing a pirouette with every attack.

The purple haired one, was behind a control board, pushing on buttons randomly, with a maniacal smile.

What the actual (and he cannot stress this enough) fuck??

"Uh- tell me you're seeing what I'm seeing"

"That depends" The pretty girl started towards the direction of the corpse on the floor. No, the boy was still alive.. Barely. Ajax grimaced at the state he was in- all skin and bones, hollow cheeks and sad eyes. He looked like death personified.

"Depends? On what?"

"What you see" She replied mysteriously.

"What I see?" Ajax hobbled a little, trying to maintain balance when the girl let go of his hand, "What I see is GIANTS!" He whisper yelled the word, trying not to draw attention to them. "Literally how are you not freaking out?"

Too much, he used too much energy. He hadn't eaten in days, hadn't slept properly. Every part of his body wailed in agony. Fuck.

He tried not to show it, how hurt he really was. 

Ajax's words seemed to have surprised her, she stared at him for a beat and blinked twice before turning away. She was the same height as him, but only because he was slouching. She looked like someone seeking adventure, but someone who got more than what they bargained for. Still, she moved confidently towards death-boy.

"We can talk about it later, help me with Nico'"

Nico. Death boy.

Ajax was about to ask her for her name when-

"DUCK AND COVER!" The dark haired boy's voice carried across the arena. Ajax didn't need any more instructions. He was already pretty freaked, so if the hero dude told him to duck, he'd duck.

He dropped to his knees, covering his head with his hands.

The sound was like a fiesta in the middle of an exploding gunpowder factory. There was a monstrous roar, and the sound of sizzling. By the time Ajax looked up, he noticed a lack of a giant multi-headed dragon thing. The Hydra was vaporized.

Unfortunately, the recoil knocked the easel sideways and sent more projectiles shooting all over the room. Ajax dropped back to the ground, letting the sounds of chaos wash over him. Good for them if they won, but he would not play hero, not when he felt like he had just come back to life.

A chunk of ceiling collapsed and crushed a waterwheel. More cages snapped off their chains, unleashing two zebras and a pack of hyenas. A grenade exploded over the purple haired giant's head, but it only blasted him off his feet. The control board didn't even look damaged.

The more immediate problem however was when sandbags started to rain down around Ajax.

Mimicking the pretty girl, he leaped forward to drag death boy away from harm. He seemed to have forgotten that he had next to no energy. In desperate attempt, he tried to pull the boy, succeeding in only dropping to his knees as the world spun around him.