91

"Nico" Ajax said again. His name fit into Ajaxs mouth perfectly, like he was revived just to speak it. The world be damned, Ajax just wanted just Nico.

"You and I both know this ends in death"

And oh, Nico hadn't thought of that in a long time. Meeting his father back in the temple felt like a lifetime ago. And how terrible is it to love something death can touch.

Nico thought he was crumbling from the inside. He fell back onto the grass next to  Ajax, all the joy from earlier being sucked out of his system. He itched where the bandages were still covering him. Had he really kissed Ajax looking like that? Half covered in soil, half naked? 

"I'll find a way" he said with a determined glare. He was trying hard not to look at Ajax. "Or I'll make one"

From the corner of his eye, Nico saw Ajax turn his head to look at him.

All his words kept repeating in Nicos mind.  The best thing in this world, I fucking love you, I think I don't care about anything else.

"I would fight the gods for you too" Nico muttered, "I'm a child of the underworld, we could- it could-"

"It doesn't matter" Ajax said quickly. Nico turned to look at his red face. "I'm sorry, I brought it up"

"No it's okay-"

"However this ends" Ajax reached around on the grass for Nico's hand. He interlocked their pinkies and looked up at the sky. The sun shone on his face and Nico thought he was more valuable than all the gold on the planet. "I want you to know, that right now, I love you forever"

And oh, Nico thought he did fade away from existence. There was no way this was real. He wasn't deserving of something, someone so amazing, so kind, so nice, so loving. He wasn't deserving of any of this.

But Ajax looked at him like he was.

"You're worth everything" Ajax said. He cleared his throat and added, "and also you had a crush on me first, that's embarrassing "

"Way to kill the mood" Nico snorted.

"Oh I'm sorry, was my dramatic love confession not enough for you?" Ajax rolled his eyes.

"If anything, that confession was embarrassing for you"

"You're one to say- Mr. I only kissed you cause I wanted to kiss a guy"

"Oh are we bringing up everything? Cause I'm that case- I distinctly remember someone calling me an angel"

Ajax propped himself on his side and put a hand on Nico's mouth. "Shut up!"

The rest of Nico's words were muffled.

"Why wait for me when you could've just left?" Ajax imitated him very badly. "Bitch"

Nico scrunched his nose. Ajax liked touch when it was from Nico, but too much was too much for bath of them. So he took back his hand.

The sunlight hit Nico's eyes, turning them into beautiful pools of dark brown with flecks of gold. Brown. He decided. Brown was his favorite color. The exact shade of Nico's eyes. Nico was his favorite everything. His favorite person, favorite hello, favorite smile, favorite kiss, favorite everything. His eye lashes fluttered, he breathed out softly.

Ajax swallowed.

"Are you gonna kiss me or-"

Ajax did not need to be told twice. He draped his leg over Nico's and sat up so he could hold Nico's face while hovering over him. Nico's skin was slowly warming, no longer the same ice cold. His right hand was on Nico's chest, left holding Nico's face. Ajax wanted him, wanted every single part of him. The good and the bad. He loved him for his faults as much as he did for the good.