67

I think these guys deserve some happiness- enjoy!

"You're an idiot" Nico told him.

"You're insufferable"

"You're- you're stupid and infuriating"

"You're a piece of shit" Ajax countered.

"You're-"

Ajax's lips were on him before Nico knew what was happening. His back slammed into the door, but he could feel nothing other than Ajax.

"Angel" Ajax whispered, "You're a fucking angel"

There was no more air or space left between them for words. Ajax pulled Nico in, his hands in his hair. Nico's hands rested around Ajax's jaw, the small of his back.

Everywhere they touched, Ajax thought he was on fire.

He loved it.

Nico couldn't think. Not a single thought formed in his mind except- Ajax. Just the name. Just the person. Just everything.

Ajax broke the kiss apart first.

Nico wanted to pull him back in.

"Why are you so difficult?" He shook his head, why do I like you regardless? He didn't say.

Nico swallowed the lump in his throat. That's the way he was. He thought Ajax would understand, that's all he did, that's all he had ever done- hurt the people he liked. He was like a curse slowly spreading across people. Everything he touched would shrivel up and die.

Hazel was his father's daughter as well, but children of Pluto were very different from ones of Hades.

Or maybe there was just something fundamentally wrong with Nico.

"I'm sorry"

His sister- Dead.

He wasn't enough to keep her around. Maybe if he had tried harder, maybe if he was better, she would have stayed with him, never joined the hunters, never died.

Percy- his first crush.

Percy hated him. And for good reasons.

Nico had betrayed him multiple times, he had been grieving and terrfied and he'd let himself be vulnerable, only to get manipulated by a ghost. Something he should have power over.

No wonder Percy hated him. He was literally more trouble than what was worth it.

They had saved his life, but only for the prophecy.

Miserably, Nico wondered if that's what he was destined to be. Just someone the heroes came to for help, someone who could never have friends, someone who brought ruin to everything he touched, someone who could never be loved.

Ajax looked divine in his hands. Nico was cupping his face.

He didn't want to ruin Ajax.

Nico's eyes trailed over him.

He had a slight cut in his forehead that had faded to a scar, Nico passed his thumb over it. His eyes were Nico's favourite. They were green like Percy's, but so unlike the son of Poseidon's.

One look into Percy's eyes and you could see what he was thinking, he was transparent like that.

Ajax was complex, half the time Nico didn't know what he was saying, if he even believed what Ajax said. He was layers upon layers. Nico sometimes wanted to peel all the layers back and look at the boy within.

He didn't wear an armour or a mask like Nico did, but he was guarded. He was open and friendly, but cautious.

His ears were pierced, though he didn't wear anything in them. Nico wondered how he'd never noticed that. His hair was longer now than it had been when he came on board. He looked so different than he did a month ago.