7

Leo led him down into the ship. It was a marvel, that's all Ajax could say. He didn't bother wondering how it all worked, how it floated, how it looked bigger on the inside, or anything technical like that.

Leo wasn't giving him a tour, thankfully. He just took him to a mess hall, past most of the rooms. There were nine rooms in total, one for each of them, but that wouldn't explain the extra room. Two doors were open, which Ajax looked through, a little creepily. He was in an unfamiliar place okay? he's allowed to be a little skeptical.

He may have been looking for warning signs, something that told him these people were not to be trusted, but all he found was more reasons to stay.

Through the doors he could see a room with an unmade blue bed. Two pictures were taped hastily to a wall, and Ajax couldn't see who it was clearly, only seeing two people. Clothes were scattered across the floor, a small fake plant on the desk and a soft toy of what looked like a black mastiff with red shiny eyes.

Cute.

Ajax had never been one to fit it anywhere. Not feeling completely comfortable with the girls, and feeling disgusted when the boys looked at him like he was a girl. He wasn't popular, nor was a he a nerd. He was just.. There. Nothing special, though he tried to be, just so people would like him.

He had always wanted to be wanted.

Cold dread seeped over him when he thought of the boy with the scar again. Luke. Ajax had always admired Luke, from the first time he saw him. Maybe it was a childish crush. But it grew into desperation.

He didn't have many friends back at... he lost his train of thought. There were some things that he just couldn't remember, like they were put out of his reach on purpose.

Anyways, Luke had asked him to run away together. Ajax didn't remember the specifics. All he knew is that he said yes without hesitation.

He didn't fit in with Luke either. Here though, he could see himself with these people.

Heroes. 

So maybe he wouldn't exactly "fit in" Ajax never considered himself a hero or a good person. Guilt burned inside him, for what? He didn't know.

All he knew was that everything just seemed so right here.

All this talk about demigods and gods, giants and prophecies, heroes and monsters. Ajax was constantly stuck in a sense of Deja vu. Like he was living his past life and this one simultaneously.

Yes, he now referred to anything he remembered as the past life, since it was obvious by now that he really had died. And come back to life.. Somehow.

"So basically. Greek gods are real, I found out like half a year ago. This god queen lady- Hera was kidnapped and Jason, Piper and I had to go save her. That's what kickstarted this whole end of the world prophecy business. Jason had memory loss when we started out. Which was weird cause Piper and I remembered him, but he said he didn't know who we were."

Leo was talking a mile a minute. Ajax liked that about him, how carefree he was, instantly making Ajax feel comfortable.

"Turns out Roman gods are real too. They're like the same thing, different fonts. And there's two camps- Camp Halfblood and Camp Jupiter.. which is technically not a camp now that I think about it"

The only reason he could keep up with what Leo was saying was because of his adhd.

"Its like a huge ass city. And the people may be old fashioned but its cool. I mean, I don't like to think about that place, cause I got possessed by a ghost and opened fire on them, but that's all in the past right?"