Chapter 3 : I'm very heroic, just ask my minions

Disclaimer: I own nothing

I hate this mirror, so much. I've spent the last 10 minutes making weird hand gestures in front of it but it just doesn't seem to work, maybe it's broken? It's showing some fields but actually trying to move it around isn't working. The [Mirror of Remote Viewing] is a great item, but you'd think it'd come with a user manual. Sebas is watching me make a fool of myself, this is so embarrassing.

I finally manage to get the piece of junk to do something by spreading my arms wide, which is odd because I could have sworn that I did that at the beginning and it didn't work then.

"Congratulations, Lord Shiro." Sebas says, giving me a round of applause. Please stop this is embarrassing enough already.

"Thank you, Sebas. Thank you for assisting me with this." It's important to thank your minions, I think that might be a point on the Evil Overlords List. Wait no, I think that was about mind controlled beasts. Oh well it still counts.

"Staying besides my master and following his orders, that is the butler which Lord Touch Me created and my reason for existence." Sebas replies. He's so professional, which is baffling since he was created by a guy called 'Touch Me'. Also I've been wondering this for I while now, but how does his eye stay all shadowed, it made sense in the anime but it looks weird in person. Is it dragonoid magic? It's probably dragonoid magic.

"I See. Now, let's search for areas where there might be people." I say going back to the stupid mirror, I need to find Carne village so I can stop the attack and meet Gazef. After some slight technical difficulties I manage to track down the village, zooming in I can see the soldiers attacking the peasants. Worry not filthy peasants your hero is on his way, soonish.

"An attack? They don't seem to be bandits." as I skip though some scenes I find the guy I'm looking for, Enri's father, trying to hold off a single soldier. It's less than effective as he get stabbed through the back, he looks towards me and says something, but I can't lip read and I'm 95% sure he isn't actually talking to me anyway.

"What should we do?" Sebas asks, oh that's right Sebas was programmed to be all justice and other good gut nonsense, probably should have changed that when I had the chance.

"Sebas, I'm going to this village. Raise the security of Nazarick to maximum. And tell Albedo to join me, fully armed." I order, as I watch Enri flee the village with her little sister (think her name starts with a N?). "Next prepare the reserve forces, send in a few soldiers who are skilled at stealth, or have the invisibility skill."

"Understood." Sebas replies instantly. I wonder if Sebas would remain so cool and professional if I started making ridiculous nonsensical orders? I kinda want to try, maybe I should declare war on rabbits or some other woodland creature, the forces of Nazarick versus a deer, truly a battle for the ages.

Summoning the [Staff of Ains Ooal Gown] to me, really should probably check what this can do sometime but all the enemies in this village are trash mobs anyway, so I don't need to now, I get out of my comfy chair and create a gate to Enri's location. Time for the 'hero' to make his appearance.

Appearing in the forest immediately I notice that the soldiers don't seem as scared as they were in the anime, makes sense I'm a tall human in robes, not some giant skeleton, still I feel somewhat offended that they don't realise that I absolutely should be feared. I can change that though.

[Grasp Heart.] aiming my new spell at one of the soldiers a somewhat transparent heart appears in my hand, I crush it immediately in a gory burst of blood, and the soldier drops dead on the spot. It's what you get trash mob for not realising how outmatched you were.

"A Monster?!" Ahh there's the fear, still a monster? That hurts my feelings I'm a nice guy honest.

"I don't feel anything, even when I kill. I guess mentally I've stopped being human." which is fine as long as I get to keep my manhood, no amount of power is worth becoming a skeletal eunuch. "You can chase women and children, but you can't go against someone different from you? I went though the trouble of coming here, so you should at least entertain me a bit before you die. [Dragon Lightning.]"