It's cute that you think that you're the bad guys in this story (Pokemon pt2)

Disclaimer: I own nothing

Heading out to Route 1 again, I calmly crush a few Rattata's and a Pidgey along the way, getting a couple of levels for all my team, I love exp share. At LVL 9 Bulbasaur learnt Leech Seed and Charmander learnt Ember, the others didn't learn anything. Once I'm back in Viridian City, I head left leaving again, I have business in Route 22. in my long Pokemon experience I've always headed her after I get my Pokédex, for one very particular reason.

The first fighting type you can get. Come to me, my pet monkey. I guess I can grab a Spearow while I am here.

Jumping into the grass I wander around searching for my new team member I find... nothing. After almost an hour of wandering around I find a grand total of fuck all. I'm not dealing with this. '[Skill Creation, Beast Lure]'.

Skill Added [Beast Lure]

[Beast Lure] (Passive) LVL 1/100 (0%)

Lures beast type creatures to the user

Can be toggled

At Level 35 the user will be more likely to encounter creatures they are looking for

At Level 65 the user can specify what Creature they want to lure

At Level 100 the Creature lured will have a higher chance of having rare traits

Turning my new skill on I almost immediately get attacked by a LVL 4 Mankey, sending out Pidgey I have another boring low level battle, it just isn't fun until you get to the higher level stuff. But my Pidgey does well, taking the Mankey down to yellow health in a couple of attack, one Ultraball later and I have my next team mate. The experience levels both Pidgey and Rattata to LVL 7. It's nice that the game is using the later experience system so I can get experience even when I'm capturing Pokemon. Rattata learns Focus Energy, but I doubt I'll ever use it.

Continuing my search I stomp a few more Mankey's, Spearow is an uncommon Pokemon so it takes a while before I find the little bastard. By the time I do I have a slight problem, I have leveled up a fair bit fighting Mankey's, and Spearow is only LVL 3, it's possible it will go down in one hit, none of my Pokemon know False Swipe and I don't want to do this again...

Checking the store again I buy a load of quick balls for this. It's practically what they were made for. One toss later and I have my second Normal/Flying Pokemon. At least I am ready for Viridian Forest. And like that I have a full team of six. And they are decent levels as well.

Bulbasaur reached LVL 13, learning Poison Powder and Sleep Powder. Charmander reached LVL 12, learning Smokescreen. Pidgey reached LVL 11, learning Gust. Rattata also reached LVL 11, learning Bite. And finally Mankey reached LVL 9, leaning Fury Swipes and Karate Chop. Not bad for beating up some monkeys. No evolutions yet, but Bulbasaur only has 3 levels to go.

Healing my Pokemon with potions from the store I head further into Route 22 I find Leaf looking confused.

"Hey, Shiro! This is confusing. We need to go to Route 2 to get to the first gym but this place just leads to some weird building, are you lost as well" she asks looking around.

"No, this is Route 22, it leads to Victory Road, you need to go back to Viridian City, then head north." I say amused, Gary/Blue was an asshole when you meet him here, Leaf is just lost and confused.

"Ooh, you're so smart. You've always been the clever one... Anyway it's time for a rematch! I won't lose to you this time Shiro!" she shouts throwing her Pokeball at me. It hits me in the forehead and just falls to the floor without opening, she forgot to press the button... I pick it up and pass it back to her as she blushes.