Darcy's Graduation - 2

"Niall come on that's not nice" I tried to stop him from paying for my coffee and donuts but before I could grab the money out his hand the cashier had aalready taken it and shoved it in the cash register. He stuck his toungue out at me. I rolled my eyes and smiled while grabbing our drinks and finding a table, leaving him to get his change. I was sitting stirring my straw around the ice cubes in the coffee as he sat down in front of me.
"Niall I can't tell you how much you've saved me from having a trouble filled morning. I can't believe Harry"
"It's okay" he said grabbing the brown paper bag that held our jelly donuts, we shared the same favourite.
"Whenever you need anything and this asswipe isn't there, call me" I laughed at his little "remark" and thanked him before taking a sip of my coffee. About 15 minutes passed after we had our breakfast and talked, a lot. We were making our way to the school when Niall stopped in his tracks.
"Y/n stay here I'll be back" He ran into a store on the left of us. He came back a couple minutes later with a black bag in his hand.
"What's in it" I asked trying to peek in from the top. He quickly pulled it away.
"Nothing" He said with a smirk on his face and we began to walk to the school.
-inside the classroom-
We walked inside the classroom being greeted by Darcy's teacher. She took us to the front row of the big arrangement of seats for all the parents. On two seats there were pieces of paper attached. In Darcy's hand writing they said mom and dad. Niall saw the paper and ripped it off his seat before sitting.
"Well we won't be needing that any more." He crumpled it up and threw it in the trash can in the corner of the classroom. I knew he was trying to make me feel better, which I appreciated. But Darcy was expecting her father, not Niall. And it was upsetting to see he didn't care enough to come. He came back smiling and took a seat next to me throwing an arm over my shoulder giving me a squeeze. I smiled at him and turned my attention to the show.
-during the show-
All the kids had sang a song together and now each child was going up, presenting something they had made and would like to share from their year. A couple kids had gone and then it was Darcy's turn. She came out with a big frame in her hand. Behind the glass was a picture of her, Harry and I. She went on to explain the picture. She was hesitating a little before speaking because she couldn't see me. But I waved at her and her little eyes found mine as she smiled. Clearing her throat, she began to speak.
"This is a picture of me, my mommy and daddy. I love them very much. They are important to me because they are my family. My mommy takes care of me when daddy's gone. When my daddy is gone, I miss him very much. But it's ok because I know that when he's gone, even thought he's not making me happy, he's making millions and billions of other people happy with his best friends. This is why I love my family." She smiled and did a little bow as everyone including me and Niall clapped for her. It was a shame Harry wasn't here to see this. Seconds later my phone vibrated in my hand. It was Harry, I turned to Niall.
"Niall I-" He cut me off by holding up a finger and shushing me. He was too focused on recording Darcy's little presentation. I blew a kiss at Darcy before she left the stage and I quickly walked out the classroom.
"Hello" I held my phone up to my ear.
"Yeah babe, are you at the graduation still?"
"Yeah" funny he was finally asking about the graduation.
"Oh well I was gonna ask if there was still time to come by. Im home now and I got bored." Oh poor Harry getting bored by himself.
"Well you should've come for the whole thing. Darcy's already presented and its almost over, plus Niall came with us instead."
"Niall? Who said you could bring him along?" I rolled my eyes, wishing he could see.
"I said Niall could come. Plus he seems to care way more than you do." I hung up and went back inside. The lights were on and all the parents were gathering their things and were hugging their kids. I went back to our seats and Darcy ran to me. I bent down and kissed her on the cheek.
"Hi baby, you did so good. I'm so proud of you." She was jumping in excitement.
"Mommy look what Uncle Niall bought me" she shoved a pink box in my face. It was one of the toys that Darcy always asked for every time it came on tv. I looked up at Niall and smiled and he winked back.
"Wow that's great. Did you say thank you?" She took the box back from me and ran to Niall, wrapping her arms around his legs. He picked her up and asked for a kiss on the cheek. After that I picked up Darcy's bag and we left for home, stopping to get ice cream first. When we got home, we hugged and kissed Niall goodbye. I rang the doorbell and as we waited for Harry to open the door I told Darcy.
"Alright baby go to your room and change out of your graduation clothes. I'm gonna bring you a snack and than we can take a nap." She nodded. Harry opened the door seconds later.
"heeyyy how was your graduation?" He held his arms out for Darcy to hug him but she walked pass him going straight to her room. He frowned but then turned to me for a hug instead. I did what Darcy did and walked pass him, setting the bags down on the couch in the living room.
"What's wrong with you two?" He followed behind me.
"Nothing" I shrugged having a lick of my ice cream.
"Then why won't you hug or kiss me?" I turned around walking to the kitchen.
"I don't know maybe because you missed your daughters graduation but it's no big deal right" I finished my ice cream and started making Darcy's sandwich.
"Well I don't know why your making a big deal out of it when it actually isn't a big deal."
"Oh my god Harry you are ridiculous. You know what if our family isn't a big deal to you then I'm pretty sure you can last a day or two without having any contact with them." I finished up Darcy's lunch grabbing a water bottle and going to her room and shutting the door behind me locking it.
"Y/n this isn't fair open up" Harry knocked on the door. Before I could say something Darcy spoke.
"Go away daddy we're mad at you" I laughed as I heard Harry sigh from the other side of the door. He did deserve this.