Darcy's Graduation - 3

After 15 whole minutes of struggling, I finally got Darcy to take her nap. With all the struggling I managed to doze off too but I had soon been awaken by a loud knock on Darcy's door. It was of course Harry, trying to get into the room again. I made sure Darcy hadn't woken up and stood up going to the door. I opened it just enough so that Harry could see me.
"Can you please stop you're going to wake Darcy" I yelled/whispered at Harry.
"I want to talk" he said running his fingers through his hair.
"About what Harry? The fact that you didn't care enough about your daughter to watch her graduate when she was so looking forward to it? Oh that's ok because I already know." I swung the door to close it before this could turn into a yelling fit but was stopped when Harry put his foot in the door.
" look y/n. I know. I know I was stupid to not come to Darcy's graduation. Even if it was something little it meant a lot to her. And I should've been there for her. I know okay. Niall sent me the video." Harry muttered.
"What video?" I watched Harry's expression change from being serious to guilt.
"The one of Darcy's presentation. It made me realize that Darcy really needed me and I wasn't there for her. And I feel terrible for it. Please forgive me. I know I made a mistake and I'm stupid for it" I saw the true sadness in Harry's eyes. He was being serious. " I tried taking a nap. But I couldn't because I'd rather have you next to me. I hate it when you guys ignore me." I sighed opening the door and stepping out, giving him a hug. I felt Harry's arms tense but then relax again as he wrapped them around me, not expecting the hug.
"It's okay haz I forgive you. As parents, we make mistakes. And today was your turn. But I make mistakes too, sometimes more than you do. You're a great father. Don't doubt yourself. Just don't screw up on things like this okay?" I felt him chuckle.
"Okay. I'm really sorry. I won't do it again. Promise" I was going to say something when I heard a voice from the bedroom.
"Mommy" it was Darcy. She was sat up on bed and had probably woken up because I wasn't next to her. I pulled away from Harry.
"Haz, like I said, I forgive you. But I'm not the one you should be apologizing to." I turned around talking about Darcy.
"Right" Harry said walking into the room as I followed behind. As soon as Darcy saw him, she opened her arms out yelling "daddyyy" but her happiness soon changed to anger when she remembered that she was mad at him. Harry took a seat in the chair next to her bed and Darcy crossed her arms looking away. I stood next Harry placing my hand on his shoulder.
"Darcy. " Harry said softly trying to get Darcy's attention. But she didn't budge. "Darcy" Harry said again sighing.
"Baby look. Daddy's extremely sorry for missing your big day and he knows that he's really stupid for it. Uncle Niall sent me a video of your presentation and I think you did amazing. Better than any other kid I've seen. I should've came to see you. I'm very sorry and I promise from now on I will come to see you whenever and wherever you need me" Darcy unfolded her arms and slowly turned to Harry.
"You really think I did good today daddy?" She asked him and Harry quickly nodded. "And you pinky promise to come to all my graduations even when I'm a bigger girl?"
" pinky promise" Harry said linking his big pinky with her tiny one. "Now you wanna go get some ice cream?" Harry asked happily.
"Sorry daddy. Uncle Niall already bought me some this morning." Darcy said declining his offer.
"Oh" Harry muttered looking down in guilt and frustration because he couldn't be the one to buy his little princess ice cream. Darcy noticed and put her hands on his cheeks.
"It's okay daddy, you can buy me some tomorrow. I love you and I forgive you too" Harry's frown quickly faded into a smile as Darcy quickly wrapped her arms around his neck, squeezing him into a hug and Harry returned.
"I love you too my princess and thank you for forgiving me." Harry placed a kiss on her cheek. "Would you like to watch a movie instead?" Darcy quickly nodded. She was one for movies, like her father. "Okay you go and turn the tv on downstairs. Mommy and I will meet you there." Darcy scrambled out of bed, rushing downstairs with the doll thing Niall bought her in her hands. As soon as she left Harry took my hand from his shoulder and pulled me onto his lap to face him.
"Tell me how I got so lucky to have the 2 most beautiful girls in my life" Harry said pressing his forehead against my stomach.
"I don't know, but I sure got lucky getting the greatest husband and father in the entire world" I placed my hands on Harry's cheeks pulling him away from me and pressed my lips to his. He softly kissed me back. It was made to be one of those long kisses you have after arguments but it didn't last long enough as we were soon interrupted by Darcy. She was standing at the door, clearly excited about something.
"Mommy, Daddy come on the movie's starting" she yelled.
"Right sorry" Harry said encouraging me off of his lap and getting up taking my hand in his. We followed Darcy into the living room.
"So what movie are we watching?" Harry asked Darcy as we all got comfortable on the sofa.
"Frozen" she replied, pushing the buttons on the remote to turn up the volume. Harry turned to me chuckling quietly mouthing 'Always'. I giggled along with him, pressing another kiss to his lips. Darcy groaned from behind.
"Guys" she said shaking Harry's arm, getting him to stop. We quickly pulled away when she got up, sitting in between us, pushing us away from each other.
"No more kissing for you two" she said making Harry and I giggle. Harry secretly tried to blow me a kiss but Darcy caught him again.
"daddy!" She pushed his face to look at the tv.
"Okay sorry I'm paying attention to the movie now" he said squeezing her and kissing her on the cheek. I was very lucky to have these two in my life. I couldn't ask for anyone else.